1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Endearments Enliven and Enrich Everyday life !

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Chitvish, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chithra
    In this world of intense sycophancy, all forms of endearments except those communicated through the eyes have become shallow and mean nothing! We have seen politicians wanting to murder each other hugging tight before the cameras! In a recent TV ad, I saw a girl hugging her man and winking simultaneously at another! The less said about the words of endearments , the better! When a man says to his woman, 'Honey, just give me a minute, I'll be with you' all that he means is 'Get lost, you whatever!'
    But eyes can never betray. The love communicated through the eyes can be trusted completely. The eye, which is the reflector of the external world, is also the mirror of the soul within.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

HI Chitmam,

Next time expect a hug from me....now my reservedness(??) has shed a lot after 2 meets....:biggrin2:
    (P.S. would suggest malathy to include the hug smile here...as available in yahoo...so that i could start now...)

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

You have proved to be a typical senior citizen with your comment. Our generation followed "eye language" only, which was intense, expressive and ofcourse very enjoyable !
    It perhaps started originally with
    Annalum nokkinar, avaLum nokkinaL.
    Hug or not, I do love endearments, I don't want to deny ! That is because, all my life they have scarcely come my way !
    It is my great honour and privilege - you know what I mean !
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. Chitvish

before you visit me next with Veda.
    He might start wondering, why me instead of him?tsk
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. Chitvish

I am blessed to receive such a sweet F B from, none other than my DIL !
    Your second para is fully correct - remember I am married to your husband's father !!
    Before others have a good laugh at us, I will stop my prattle here.
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Darling Chits,
    A million dollar issue, feelings bottled up is like living a life without heart. I totally agree with you my baby on this issue. How can a person live with expressing his feelings i keep wondering? You are talking about hug, I never see people hugging each other lovingly. A hug can express many feelings and can bring solace too. Chits darling, I am full of hugs, kisses and words. You will always find them showering incessantly from my kitty. Even my neighbour who enters my home, gets a hug. Guys who walk in, get a hand shake. Friends get a warm hug at the door itself even if they are sweating like pigs and I whisper, "My Fishy Fish, welcome home,". My mom's tired bones were squeezed many times by my hugs. I would keep questioning her, "When I was small you would carry me, pat me, now do the same."Chits, most of them do not emote their feelings. We should always express our thoughts and feelings. It brings people closer. Even when I am pissed off with things, I talk it out.

This is a not just a blog, but an eye opener to all those sit like Pumpkins without expression.

Another mind blowing thought from my intelligent friend called "Chitu".

7. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

dear chithu

wonderful post and i fully agree with u tht there are lots of inhibitions in the minds of ppl abt hugging each other...they dun realise its just a sign of affection n love and nothing vulgar abt it all.....and as u say each of these action deftly has sumthing magical in them......they lift our spirits when we r in a bad mood and does create wonder........and here cums my hug for you for writing such a nice blog !!!

yet another wonderful things is that i can c the u and ur dil are having fun here in these blogs...nice to c such healthy and fun filled conversations between dil n mil...and am sure this wud b a gud inspiration for others......great guns to both u n chitru!!!

lov
    sowmi

8. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Yes, we should start this wonderful habit of touch therapy. My mother was gen before you and thought that touching one's own mother was a crime and being 'madi' all the time was an obsession. I had longed to have physical contact and that was taboo even among sisters. The worst was the advice not to touch another woman when even both were in 'those days'.
    I love to hold hands with my son and exchange loving kisses. It shows him that I love him and gives him confdence too. There used to be 'I love you" too but now that he is in his teens, he is a bit shy now.
    Archana still feels very shy to hold hands even with me. Aravindh used to hug her and then sensed that she is a little allergic and stopped it.
    When mother visits us and we go out, my hubby tells my son to hold her hand, to help her. But she is still vary of holding hands, even for support.
    there is a family friend who always hugs when we meet and calls us with sweets pet names like kanna, chellam etc. I just love to meet her!

9. Chitvish

I now feel you should have blogged on this topic - mine is as insipid as I am !shakehead
    I now think, there will be "explosions" when we meet in person -:kiss V will get the shock of his life :crazy& I will enjoy the fun, looking at his expression !
    Thanks Malsuma !
    Love,
    Chits.

10. Chitvish

to shed inhibitions, if we are brought up that way !
    I had the same problem , in my mother's house as well as MIL's house !!shakehead
    Your hug is enjoyed by me thoroughly, believe me !
    Since Chitru was just a "reader" in IL all these days, her interaction does take me by surprise too, everytime !!
    As she rightly said, we are now more friends than MIL-DIL !
    Love,
    Chithu.