End of the world 2012

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by gopinath, Feb 9, 2012.

1. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Why couldn't these guys predict Tsunami ,volcano and other natural disaters.Once we cross the date mentioned, they will come up with another ****** theory on why it did not work.

2. getstrngth

getstrngth Gold IL'ite

I saw a news online which stayed that this kind of predictions are happening for ages.
    In 1000 AD they predicted the world will end. Then in 1840s they predicted that on April 22,1843 the world will end, but then the day went and passed. Then the preacher told that it will happen in October 22,1844 but it didnt happen and people said it was a great disappointment.
    In 2010 a US preacher had campaigned that May 21,2011 will be the judgement day and made many people sell their properties but that didnt turn out true.
    So lets see what happens on Dec 21,2012

3. swarnalata.N.S.

swarnalata.N.S. Platinum IL'ite

Nasa said some meteor is coming very close , going to crash into earth. then they said, it decided to move away. Last month they said some space lab junk is going to fall on our heads, then they said it disappeared into the ocean. They said Nostradamus said this and that, then after twin towers happened, they said he predicted that too. I think people in west like to get scared , so they make stories like these often.

4. Irvinerenter

Irvinerenter New IL'ite

5. kylie

kylie Gold IL'ite

Cant say if 2012 will be the end or the start of a new beginning.

One day my 10 yr old son returned fm school, quite perturbed over this 2012 issue. He had read in the school newspaper about the Mayan calendar n the prediction. for the next few days he kept on asking me if the prediction would come true. To console him, I said that we should not be afraid of the world coming to an end bcoz that wud mean that we wud b in heaven sooner [thinking that it wud be a comforting thought for him].

His response was - Mom, i dont want to go to heaven right now. It will b pretty boring out there. After all, how long can u pretend to be good, wear white robes n walk around with a halo over yr head. I want to stay right here.

I guess it is for "innocent thoughts" like these that the world may never end !!

love,
    kylie

2 people like this.
  6. Siat

Siat Senior IL'ite

Why does everybody want something to happend?! I don´t get it.
    In our german pagan circles we have a saying:
    "Engergy is following attention."

Just something like self-fullfilling prophecy ;-).

By the way.
    The world´s coming to an end soon enough when the sun´s dying.
    And I´m quite confident, that (sadly) human race will whipe out itself sooner or later.:bonk

7. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

These doomsday predictions never end, do they? Have been hearing loads since my school days and well, we are still here :)

When i was in school, there were rumors that the sun wil cool down and we all will die because of the cold. Then our science teacher expplained that the sun will cool down eventually but not in a few million years. We live only to a max of 100 years, then why worry?

Similarly, there were predictions that world will end around 2000. 2012 and still we are here.

I bet that once 21.12.2012 passes, a new predcition will surface with a new date :p

8. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

let's wait and see although i think something is going to happen no?

9. godsgrace

godsgrace Bronze IL'ite

End of the world rumours are there from long time. I believe it is the end of the world everyday coz every day people die. When a person dies, its the end of the world for him/her. Also , when people witness natural calmities like tsunami, earthquake etc, it is also end of the world for those people who are the part of these calamities. Nobody can predict when the world will end. Its only rumours.Live for today. Nobody knows whether one will be able to the next day.

10. Nettem

Nettem New IL'ite

haaahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa These days i am coming across to many religious Psychos .:spin