1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Eating Problems In Toddler

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by sanjuruby3, Mar 23, 2017.

1. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

My toddler has suddenly changed and not eating at all. Tell me this is also a phase.
    So many hours of our life are spent in feeding her and sleeping her.
    One persona is literally blocked. She used to eat really well but from past few weeks, she keeps food in mouth and thats it.
    Person feeding her keep sitting , asking to swallow every couple minutes. She does not sit on high chair anymore as she feels stuck.
    In front of TV is only way to keep her static. That way TV is on for 1- 1:30 hrs with one adult holding food plate and surfing with other hand.
    Did you guys see same issues? I try variety with its not like she has favourite that she would gulp down. She is also not much into cookies or breads or even fruits that I can give as snack atleast because she did not eat much food.
    Please suggest.

2. viki123

viki123 Silver IL'ite

@sanjuruby3
    By DS refused to sit in his high chair when he was 18 months, So i make him sit on table and chair kind of setup.
    Do you feed her when she asks for or on a regular schedule ? One thing i have seen with my DS is, he eats better if i serve him after he asks for food. And I always make sure he gets some physical time before his lunch or dinner & no junk for at least 2 hours prior to feeding time.

Hope this helps.

3. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

My kid does not want to sit static if I make her sit on chair/table and will walk away. I feed her on schedule but not 100% fixed timings like in school. Just that by 9:30 - 10 - 10:30 am bkfast then 2-3 lunch. If I do not feed her, she would never ask.
    If 7 pm is dinner time, she might ask by 10 pm which is not right. Bkfast is at 9- 10 am, if not fed then she will ask by 12 pm which is technically lunch....
    She eats in front of TV at home. Thats the habit my H introduced and nothing goes in her stomach w/o TV. Place we live in, its very difficult to get her some physical out.
    We are in apartment and always cold outside. Still I take her out after bkfast so she gets hungry by lunch but same story. No formula is working on her.