1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Eating And Reading

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jskls, Feb 24, 2018.

1. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @GANDG for reading my snippet and glad you liked it. In the end it’s the road to success.

GANDG and Thyagarajan like this.
  2. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @iyerviji maa for your wishes and feedback. Yes feeding the mind and soul is what every mothers do. I am sure you are a very successful mother too. I am glad you liked my snippet.

iyerviji and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @RashmiVarun for your feedback. Glad you liked it. I can totally understand the 'relief' we get when there is no left over or when we hear them say "Can you make the same again?". Today's success will definitely pave way for happier tomorrows too. Take care

Thyagarajan and kaniths like this.
  4. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Dear @Srama Sabitha

Thanks for the wishes:)

I can totally understand what you say. I have many times typed it left it and then when I revisited the thread later it would still be in drafts and not posted. It happens. That's ok.

Now coming to your feedback,as you say, she is more interested in cooking and that too after watching too many cooking channels she knows everything theoretically. But theory doesn't help with Kitchen you see. I am glad somehow she learnt to eat and feed herself. It's a skill to take care of themselves when they are on their own. Another poster did mention that she had enough of my cooking and so decided to cook ... :roflmao:ha ha .. not that I am a bad cook but if she can do better so be it. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your views too.

Thyagarajan and kaniths like this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Nurturing children from their infancy akin to growing new plants from its seedling - wonderful thought provoking . A plant from germination requires constant attention for its soil water moisture fertilizer adequate sunshine and shade all in optimum proportion. So is nurturing life's new borns from their infancy to adulthood.
    Well researched hitherto un- thought of thread resourceful write up only a mother LIKE you can write and post.
    Naturally it contains all ingredients that a jury look for and the award for Fine Contribution for month of Feb you truly deserve
    Congrats.
    Regards.
    God Bless Us All Always.

jskls likes this.
  6. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Dear Thyagarajan sir,
    Thank you for the appreciation and feedback. Glad you liked it

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

Hey lakshmi...Such a cute one!
    My kid prefers only chocolate diet, chocolate milk, chocolate chip muffins, chocolate tarts and pancakes..do you believe? He had been finicky enough that I'd even thought, If that's what he wants, so that's what Im gona make for him..;)
    Fussiness about food is a normal part of a child’s development. And kids are naturally neophobic.
    One thing I've understood over time is, even Picky eaters get better over the years... :D
    And now with more wisdom, I feel our propensity for superhuman worry often lessens with subsequent kids..See! Neetu is getting better! lol

And congrats for the finest post award! a beautiful deserving piece. Just like your girl's yummy fried rice and fancy cucumbers!

8. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:In good old days when we were babes, our mother and her sisters & grandma's patiently taught us names of relationship LIKE Akka, thangai mama paatee and animals birds names etc. Even they used to sing while feeding them from their palms and this eventually helped baby picking up early strong vocab in multiple languages.
    Thanks for the nostalgia.
    Regards God Bless Us All Always.

jskls, kaniths and parineetha like this.
  9. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Hey Neetu @parineetha good to see you here after a long time. Thank you so much for stopping by.

ha ha ha ... cute little chocolate boy he is ...wonder where he got that chocolate interest from.

Yes your experience speaks now... that’s true that we don’t stress that much with second ones.

Thanks again Neetu

parineetha likes this.
  10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Lakshmi,

First thing first. Congratulations on winning the finest narration for the month of February 2018. You did what a good mother would do i.e. try feeding without giving up. Mother feeding the child is the best example of character development consist of purity, patience and perseverance. The child learns these qualities watching the mother.

This snippet took me back to the young days of my son. He used to refuse eating every meal. Even though my wife used to feed him for lunch and she would wait for me to arrive for the dinner. He was not problematic when it is about drinking milk but he was giving trouble eating his rice, ghee and dhal. Accidentally, one fine day we found out he enjoyed listening and watching a Tamil song from "Thillana Mohanambal" and from that day, he turned around laughing and eating simultaneously. But, when his stomach was full, he used to immediately move away his mouth or say a loud "No".

Viswa

Thyagarajan and jskls like this.