1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Easy is Difficult

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by periamma, May 21, 2012.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this sister's narration.
    2. To visualise, at middle of night the Lord of the home busy preparing some beverage for keeping wide awake studying sons and beloved who are preparing for professional exam itself make one think "What a dedicated family! A proud father and a proud husband of THIRU நெல்வேலி ‍‍‍. வாழ்க நீடூழி ...
    3. Generally it is exclusive privilege of males to be negligent on simple and small domestic
    Chores or arithmetic but do commendable job in most difficult projects.
    Thank you and God bless.
    From co ordinates 13.0827° N, 80.2707° E

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  2. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Periamma, this is so inspiring, motivating and commendable to read.

Contact classes just 2 days every month, practical class for one week and no internet with stackoverflow*, google and other resources that are now so taken for granted. And how we take for granted the unlimited computer access time also.

Very impressive, and it is great that this post got bumped up. Thanks to a Like by Sindmani? Nice.

Beautiful.

I did learn COBOL, Basic and Pascal around the same time in the last century as you did! : ) I now know a little kid around 10 or 11 yrs old who learns Pascal in school.

*stackoverflow.com - online site where many people, I believe millions, post and answer questions, mostly related to software and programming.

Thyagarajan and jskls like this.
  4. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana Thank you for your response and the information of the online site.

5. umaakumar

umaakumar Finest Post Winner

Dear Periamma,

It was nice to read about you studying. I dont know why though i am regular in this forum, i am seeing and reading lots of old posts now. Many times like you said we concentrate on difficult things and forget the easy ones. This happens even in our daily regular work.

My Dad was one of the first computer engineer in India and he was both a hardware and a software person. He used to write software for many leading companies and so I am very familiar with earlier softwares like pascal, Cobol etc.

Regards
    Uma

periamma likes this.
  6. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@umaakumar Wow !Super you are lucky to be the daughter of a computer genius.I learnt but not used what i learnt.credit goes to Sindmani who brings out all my old posts.Thanks for your response

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

@periamma really it's inspiring to read this lovely snippet. I am still trying to learn a new tool for quiet sometime now but can hardly learn it with interest. And you learnt latest technology during that time ... kudos to you. Nice write up too. Thanks @sindmani for bringing the old post up

sindmani likes this.
  8. Thyagarajan

:hello:well said. we miss simple things and focus excessively on seemingly difficult and eventually uselss and unproductive matters or issues. while simple can become difficult in the hands of inexperienced and numskulls, there are few who can make seemingly difficult effortlessly simple due to their practice especially in Carnatic music and weightlifting. Dolphins trained and can sharply jutting out of water vertically up to catch food held tantalizingly high. thanks.
    Regards.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2017
  9. Thyagarajan

wonderful reflection and gainful for those who would like to excel in their chosen field. Best wishes. Regards.