Early Labour And It’s Symptoms

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Janakinarne, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

Hi happy Diwali to all,
    Right now am in 36weeks 4days(37th week running),and my due date is 23rd nov as per my gynic,
    This is my first baby and am very much tensed about everything...
    Baby moments and everything is fine as of now..
    But I have too many questions arising in my mind ,like
    How can I know that am in labour??
    Wat are the symptoms of labour pains??
    How can I know that baby is dropped and ready for labour??
    How much time will be there to move to hospital when there is a water break ??
    And am unable to differentiate between gas pain and other pain,from past few days am having gas pain which giving me the feeling of periods pains,and once I went to rest rom it’s revealing
    And als back pain,(mid of spinal )it’s due to gas or symptoms of labour??
    And my doc said if there is contractions like tummy tightening frequently it’s a sign of labour but from my sec trimester I have braxton contractions,how can I differentiate between normal contractions and labour contractions???
    Some times am suddenly feeling cramps and it lists for 2-3mins and going always,it’s once in a while not repeatedly,once the gas was free am feeling normal but not back pain als started am unable to know wheather it was due to gas or my labour is near by
    Too many questions which are unanswered are there in my mind,
    Plz clarify if anyone has knowledge about any of these
    Thank u

2. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

First of all, the stress you are feeling is normal for a first time mom. Symptoms can vary from person to person.
    If water breaks, get to the hospital immediately, as there is a chance of infection. this is what I was told. talk to your doc how to contact her in case of emergency or after hours. see if your doc/nurse can advise you over phone when you have questions.
    Be prepared to go to the hospital anytime after 36 weeks. This is what my doc said.
    time your contractions. labor contractions are apart a specific time. You will be able to detect that and it will not go away.
    Did you take any labor/parenting classes? See if you can sign up for one/attend one online. they give a lot of information.
    What to expect when you are expecting is a good book on these, also i think they have an app or website. It is very helpful.
    Ask these questions to your doctor on your next check up. I believe you have check up every week, go with a set of questions to ask. And ask what else should you keep in mind.
    Hope this helps!

Janakinarne likes this.
  3. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

Angela123 thanks for ur suggestions and support,no not attended any pre labour classes,hav planned before but not worked,
    Wil pack baby bag tomorrow,but nervous about delivery and how it will be,I just want to wait some more days so the baby wil put on weight , but it’s totally in god’s hands,hoping everything wil be fine ..
    Of course am going to weekly checkup’s and everything is going good,when I asked the same questions my doc said that if there is frequent contractions come to hospital if it’s gas pain take gelusil,
    But am unable to differentiate between periods type contractions and gastric pain which making me more tense,other than that don’t hav any symptoms,thus Friday hav doc checkup and wil clarify my doubts,
    Thank u

4. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

From my experience: I had no idea when I got my labor pain for my first baby. Then I realized I felt the same pain I usually get before my period date(1 day before). Labor pain slowly starts so if you feel this is your labor pain go to hospital.

For my second baby my water broke at home. I went to hospital immediately. They put me in observation for 3-4 hours then they told me baby may get infection as water broke. They asked me do you want to take labor induce pill. I took the pill and delivered baby in next 1 hour.

Since you are close to your due date. Keep an eye on your baby movement. If you feel any pain that occurs again and again in 15-30 minutes it's definitely labor pain.

Janakinarne likes this.