driving lisense in Muscat

Discussion in 'Africa & Middle East - Other Areas' started by vamc, Dec 10, 2012.

1. vamc

vamc New IL'ite

hello friends, anybody has taken driving license in Muscat? can you please help me by giving some tips? I want to know the following details.

1. how many classes minimum we need to attend drum test?
    2. how many classes we need for road test and to get license?
    3. how many days we need in between two tests?
    4. are there any tips for passing drum test?

my trainer is extremely short tempered and I am scared even to talk to her. but I cannot change as she speaks good english

2. Soumys

Soumys Bronze IL'ite

Dear Vamc,

I got my DL in Sep12. Since I had my Indian DL, I did not have to give Drum & Slope Test. But I believe you can start giving Drum Test after 3-5 classes. Right after that, you can start giving Road Tests as well. As per the rule, a gap of 15 days should be there between 2 Road tests. But if your instructor is smart enough, he could get you a date with 3-4 days as well. During the initial tests, I used to go for classes almost all the days, later on just 1 or 2 classes before the test. It all depends on your instructor.

All the very best for the DL Test.. :)

Regards,
    Soumya

3. vamc

vamc New IL'ite

thank you for the reply soumya.

1. is it possible to pass drum test in 3 or 4 classes???? I have already gone more than 10 classes and still not confident to go for drum test......

2. how many road tests you had to take, for getting the license?
    3. you had good driving experience in India?

4. Soumys

Soumys Bronze IL'ite

Yes.. I know people who have cleared in the 1st attempt as well. Just be confident and give a try... I gave 5 tests, and in all the 5 places (Ruwi, Qurum, Rusyl, Seeb & Al Khoud) since I had to change my instructor once in the middle!! Even though I had an Indian licence, I drove rarely over there. :)

5. sankasailaja

sankasailaja Bronze IL'ite

hi soumya
    im planning to move muscat in 3 weeks.please tell me about getting license there,im having indian driving license,and i drove rarely,but now again im going here for classes.should i get international license or indian driving license is ok?
    plz reply my quiries?
    thanks in advance
    bye

6. manjubashini

manjubashini IL Hall of Fame

Hello sailaja
    No need to get international driving license. If u have a Indian license u can join a trainer and take some classes and go directly for Road test no need drums and slope test.

7. sankasailaja

thanks manju for sharing the info,can u plz tell me the cost of taking a trainer n how many classes does it reqiure

bye

8. manjubashini

manjubashini IL Hall of Fame

Hello sailaja,

Now a days the trainer takes minimum 6 rials per hour. And u have to complete atleast 20 classes it seems better i will confirm it later. Some may get license in one or two attempts if not they require in between practice classes too. The road test are too tough to come thru it. It depends on confidence level. Anyway best of luck. By the way when u ll be oman.

9. Soumys

Soumys Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sailaja,

As Manjusai told, the instrutor is charging 6 Rial per hour. If you are very good in driving, then 5-10 classes is enough before giving the first test, so that you can get used to with the places. There should be a gap of 15 days between 2 tests. If u r confident enough, you just need to go for couple of classes before the test. You will get to know th venue of test only the previous day of test.

For me, I went around 15 classes before 1st test. And for first 2-3 tests, arnd 7-10 classes in the middle. Later on, 2-3 classes before the test.

Just be confident and keep going.. All the best.

P.S : I should say, don't ever convert the amount you have spent for driving to Indian Rupees.. You will get a big heart attach.. :p Jst the way I got.. :)

Soumya

10. sankasailaja

thanks manju
    yup planning to move in another 2weeks,date yet to be confirmed
    will take ur help if anything required:)
    where do u stay in oman?
    bye