1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dressings of some girls who come to temples

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by passionate89, Jan 6, 2012.

1. passionate89

passionate89 Platinum IL'ite

Okie I agree with all your points. But there is an olden days saying that girls should tie their hairs esp in temples. Can anybody give a reason for it? Do you think there is no reason behind all that?

2. sheztheone

sheztheone Platinum IL'ite

I have heard of it too but don't know what the exact reason is. If it is really important the temple authorities should step in and ask the girls to tie their hair, after explaining the reason.

3. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

I goto temple while going to office. So i will be wearing anything ranging from Jean, Western clothes, salwars,sarees etc. If i can wear something & goto office why not the same to temple.

If i have to wear appropriate clothes only (say saree, salwar), no i won't visit the temple on most of the days. Would you like to police on that & stop people coming to temple.

Also assume you are policing how will you do that. Y'day i saw a woman who was wearing saree, but the blouse was full of window designs & entirely revealing. I won't wear such a thing to even parties. Because by tradition, she is wearing saree & no temple authorities would have been able to stop her.

When you start looking at how people dress, you end up missing the entire purpose of visiting temple. What's important in temple is one feeling the god, i think inappropriate dressing should not be a roadblocker there.

1 person likes this.
  4. LoveUrLovedOnes

LoveUrLovedOnes Senior IL'ite

i feel that nowadays ppl are getting modern, and they wear modern outfits.
    As long as it is not vulgar, I think it is ok

but discipline is important. If girls and guys hang around iwht hands around each other in temples, that should be stopped and condemned

5. blackbeauty84

The hostel i was staying banned girls from coming to mess in loose hairs. The reason they gave was hair will fall on food & utensils. Maybe along the same lines. Temple is a place where lot of cleanliness is expected to be in place.

Also I don't think there is a written rule that loose hair is banned in temple in olden days. The women in generation then, won't be in loose hair inside home let alone temple.

6. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

I dont understand how everyone can go around and blame a girls dressing choice for a guy getting disturbed. If a guy is coming to temple to pray he will come pray and leave, if he is coming to igle at girls, he will do so no matter what the girls are wearing. Still in kerala there are many temples that follow dress code for both men and women. No pants,churidars,lungis etc are allowed inside. Men have to remove their shirt before entering the temple. But outside kerala i dont see this much restriction in dress code. So if a temple doesnt have a dress code implied then let whoever is coming to pray wear what is comfortable for them. I havent till date seen anyone who was indecently/vulgarly dressed in temple.So why should we impose the dress code to each and every place. Who ever is coming to a spiritual place comes to pray, with a pious mind. Why should we care how they dress?

7. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

Dear Passionate,
    You are right, people should have common ethics be it any where, temple, mall or office etc.. now a days people give this the least importance...
    @serene23 and Zingy --- We adults know this, but what about our kids who come along with us? for instance, if the loose hair flows in the prasad offered?? such a disgrace...!! :(
    So, Why see the Divine as one amongst us atleast when going to temples... lets give it some special place.. and importance.. for others we have our own home (prayer room if so) where we can dress as we please...

1 person likes this.
  8. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Yes, I do agree that some people come to temple indecently dressed.But I would not agree that it is distracting the men or men get a chance to stare.Such kind of men are same everywhere.Doesn't he have a moral sense.Please let us stop justifying mistakes made by men and stop blaming women for that.

Loose hair is pretty much "not good".JMO.It is actually messy.While going to office I prefer to leave my hair loose but while working at home,when going to other people house,travelling,going to temple etc..etc ,I would tie it since I feel it is indecent when your hair falls on their chairs or sofas.I hate it when I see hair lying here and there in my sofa or car (for that matter even in my office chair).Cleanliness is more important than fashion sense.

It should be the temple which should impose a kind of discipline.Let us pray while we go to temple instead of producing or getting into negative thoughts looking at these kind of nerds.I have heard even thoughts are contagious.

1 person likes this.
  9. blackbeauty84

Amnique, where ever we take the kids outside, this is a problem right. Think of park,beach hotel are their not inappropriat dressing. We see many instances where the couples going in bike are acting cozy. But still that's the world outside. Even inside the house we see too much glamour in TV's right.

This is individual's choice. What is appropriate for a person may not be for other. It depends on the background one is brought up. This is something we can't control

10. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

yes.. we face this problem everywhere outside so, atleast temples can be exempted from this.. is it not?? ;)