1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dowry and Educated woman

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Dolu, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Dolu

Dolu New IL'ite

Date:12/12/2011
    Today again one more dowry case has come up. Few days back one of my friend sent me her engagement photograph and asked how their couple looks like? That was looking perfect. But besides that I did not know the bad effect. Today suddenly she pinged me and asked about enquiring for some guy. I was surprised that why she is that much desperate to enquire about a guy? I forced her to tell me the reason. Then the thing came up for which I was afraid of. She told me they just broke up. They were demanding 15 lac cash as a dowry. What the hell is that?
    Can a well educated girl with nice salary n bank account also deserve dowry? Can’t they see good future with her? People say india has changed and women empower is there. But seriously speaking this is not the situation. Our middle class families are just far-far away from the justice with girl. Parents just want that their daughter should get married at any cost. It feels like are we a burden on them or for society? Can’t she stay alone and decides her future? Or can’t she stay with her parents forever?
    There are lots of questions in every girl’s mind. This case has been repeated fourth time in front of me L

2. abinayav

abinayav New IL'ite

Absolutely right!!! Still dowry cases are existing and getting worse in fact in certain castes. I think soon India would be the número uno in dowry cases. The only difference is that women started protesting against such evil people daringly. It is not that only a girl with a good package and bank balance does not deserve dowry.. Even an uneducated girl should not be tortured for dowry.. Wedding is the exchange of hearts and we really have to mourn that it has become an exchange of money. We should sensibly understand that the cost of bringing up a girl baby safely in this society is more than the cost of bringing up a boy.. So, is it humane to ask for such huge dowry from a girl ?? Come on people think over it and let's protest against stronger!!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  3. daffny

daffny Silver IL'ite

parents give education to both son and daughter. son gets properties from parents and daughters get dowry.

4. virilevisu

virilevisu Senior IL'ite

NO use in protesting....core things can't be changed.... may be the next generation...that is when you are doing your son's marriage.. may be the things will change.. but as of now... there will be no one to hear...and yeah there are many people who are not taking dowry and getting married... and yeah there are more girls who are putting many many fake cases on in-laws for no reason....

there are ups and downs too.....

strictly this thread will have more views and less replies...

nakshatra1 likes this.
  5. Preet82

Preet82 Silver IL'ite

It is a shame!
    GREED is the only word i can think of when it comes to such guys and his parents.I wish all the educated girls stop agreeing to such shameful practice.Such guys should learn a lesson when they don't find any girl agreeing to marry them.