1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hottest Summer Days around India - Beat the Heat with these Smoothies and Summer Cooler Recipes
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Summer Activities for Kids in U.S. Checkout New and Interesting Ideas Kids will Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice

Do's and Dont's after C-section

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by akilhere, Nov 15, 2009.

1. akilhere

akilhere New IL'ite

Hi All,

I need the Do's and Dont's after C-section which was suggested by ur gynecologist.

:thumbsup

2. SwamiBlessUsAll

SwamiBlessUsAll Senior IL'ite

I had CSection. I did not have any restrictions. My doctor asked me to wait for 6 weeks before taking up any strenous activity - but I was advised to walk from the next day itself. They did not recommend bed rest or anything - they suggested that I should walk as soon as possible. But no heavy lifting or working out till 6 weeks. At my 6 weeks ob-Gyn visit, I was told that I can do anything now like a normal person.

I think in India, they suggest not to have yogurt, etc. for some days after c section. But I had yogurt, etc. from next day. The doctors did not specify any diet restriction - so did not matter.

Take care,
    PK

3. ansureeba

ansureeba Bronze IL'ite

I too had a C-section n started walking from the next day itself. The doctor suggested me to walk daily to get a fast recovery. Also no heavy work for few days.

Drink plenty of water. There was no food restrictions.

Regards,
    Ansu

4. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

hi
    i had a c-section last year.
    started ing from next day.
    no stress and weight lifting for 6 weeks.
    doc asked me to take plenty of water.

5. paddubala

paddubala Silver IL'ite

I had c-section in India 2 years ago...only difference b/w normal and c-sec was that we werent allowed to sit down for 6 weeks or carry anything heavy (lifting baby is fine :)...)

apart from it, i started walking from next day and exercises from 3rd day...drink plenty of water...intercourse was okayed after 6 weeks..so nothing really different.... (i've a friend who was told by her gyn to avoid intercourse till 6 mos)....

6. akilhere

akilhere New IL'ite