1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Don't know how else to name. But yes this is Real life story.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Dec 13, 2011.

1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

I don't know whether i was sitting under Bodhi tree, when i realized that I must learn to speak Hindi. Once decided i went through the local newspapers to find a tutor nearby. (All those trying to learn through watching movies, serials don't workout to me, as i end up analysing the costumes, hair styles of different actresses:hide:.)

I took the paper and started calling the prospective tutors. I kept on rejecting the various tutors for various reasons like the classes were too early in the morning(Yeah nine on saturday morning:rant). Atlast I spoke to a lady who was taking classes on a normal human timings on weekends. She was very excited to take classes and insisted on me to come and visit her before registering for the classes.

Never knew that i would be in for a different experience, I visited her immediately. Yes,She is young, energetic and blind. She was taking classes with help of Braille boards and books. Her enthusiasm to teach was too great, without feeling compelled i registered for the classes.

This saturday when i went for the class , i met her husband too. He is blind by birth. He works as a trainer and trains people on personality developement. I was highly impressed speaking with him for few minutes. Many things i find that couple, which sets them apart from others:
    • He doesn't know Hindi and She doesn't know tamil but they are happily married for 3 years.
    • They are blessed with a baby boy whom her mother-in-law is taking care.
    • They appear so much in love with each other, they call with words such as Honey, Sweetie
    • They take challenges in a funny way,they were talking about how they travel, how they take kid outside to play etc. Both of them are well versed in using computers, internet etc
    • Her MIL had loads of energy was teasing and playing with DIL, helping her to dry her hair,plait her hair.
    She took class in a much impressive way, that i felt confident that i will speak Hindi properly in few months. She only made a small request to me, that to refer people i know for Spoken Hindi & english classes as they are bit struggling to make ends meet.

I don't know what to say. If this is not Hope what else is. If this couple can live happily, who else cannot be. On seeing them, I took a serious owe to complain less and start appreciating the things i have. This couple deserve a :bowdown.

sindmani, rmpriya, nowhere and 16 others like this.

2. shruthisp

shruthisp Gold IL'ite

So Good to know...
    There are so many people out there who are gifted in all ways and makes their and their spouse life a pity...
    My admiration to the couples :)

3. jass347

jass347 Bronze IL'ite

Realllyy?????????????? i cant believe... but true v who r so well in all compared to others ll go on complaining about things around us... but these people ll always look for positive things around them....
    A hats off to those couple

4. Aspire

Aspire Gold IL'ite

This is so inspirational your write up and the people who inspired you, your tutor and her husband and her MIL.

Rather than focus on how blessed we are to have what we have and to be where we are, we tend to see what isn’t perfect about our situation and dwell on that, instead.

5. Priyapradeep

Priyapradeep Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Really inspired to know about that wonderful couple........

6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Thanks BB for sharing this "story" about the couple. What a wonderful source of inspiration for all of us to look up to! It is we who constantly complain, not they who are blind. It is so wonderful to hear of such people when we keep hearing so many stories of unhappiness around us.

7. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

After reading this..
    none of us so- called sighted normal people have any right to complain about how miserable life has treated us!!!!
    kudos to that lady/ her hubby and most of all to that wonderful lady her mother in law to accept and love her DIL.. as her own....
    Thanks for sharing
    K

8. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

Thanks for sharing the inspiring and hearwarming story....reminded me of the old movie "Koshish"....art does imitiate life !!! Such people reinforce our faith in love and hope.... we need to learn a lot from them.

9. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

hi blackbeauty84... could you pls PM me the details about this teacher... since i am also in chennai.. would like to learn spoken hindi.. as it wldnt be nice to give in details here ... pls pm me.. thanks...

10. Uttaraa

Uttaraa Platinum IL'ite

That is a great, inspiring tale!
    BlackBeauty, thanks a lot for sharing it.