Dollar tree!

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by adara, Oct 12, 2009.

1. adara

adara Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ladies:

I cannot get how something are being sold for a buck at the dollar stores even in this economy.
    How do these stores function and how can they afford to sell for a dollar? Is the quality really low? Last month I went to a dollar tree near my place and found good calculator. It still works! I examined it and the quality does not seem any inferior to what we get in wal-mart/kmart.
    So, I wonder how that is possible.
    Can you give more information?

Adara

2. banuabida

banuabida Bronze IL'ite

Dear Adara,

Nice meeting you!

There is Pound land in UK like your dollar tree with the same concept, everything a pound. If you are really cautious and nack in choosing things, you are lucky enough. Not everything you find in such stores is genuine.

They are like mix and match. This is my personal opinion, though. Might be
    everything is genuine.

As per the makeup, we get brands like Rimmel, Revlon, Maybelline and some reputed brands in Pound land. You cant know the difference. The thing is what comes to these stores are the faulty lot like wrong packaging, broken containers, left overs.

I always tend to find good deal for makeup tools like brushes, eye lash curlers, nail filers, foot filers, hair rollers etc.

Mostly left overs go back to head quarters, but otherwise they come into these places. I guess the same is applicable for the other stuff in there.

D.