Doggie - our special family member

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by navs23, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello Vidya,

I appreciate & respect your dad for his thoughtfulness !!!

2. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Hi I
    Just wanted to share with you about my Harley... 4 month old Lab who has become the apple and focus of our lives..
    he came to us 3 months back and life has got divided between before Harley and after Harley.....
    Harley is forever hungry and eats everything!!! including insects!!!:spin.... All the bees and flies which enter our house are chased and gobbled up by him!!!...
    He is like a vaccum cleaner when it comes to cleaning the floor of any crumbs after my son has finished eating...
    He has decided that he will occupy the same space on the sofa as me so we have a tussle over the "right -to sit" every day morning and night!!!... ofcourse he wins:bowdown
    He licks his bowl so clean that you wonder if it needs to be washed ... almost like vim bar advertisement!!!!
    He knows how to let us know what he wants and makes us understand by his barking and directions.....
    More later...
    K

3. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello Kelly,

Great to hear about Harley!!!

Vim Bar ad! Very true!!! :rotfl:biglaugh

4. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Sriniketan!

They are smart indeed! And it was easier to accept him once I realized that he too has his own fears, thoughts etc. Poor doggie, he is easily scared when he hears fire works and would sit outside the door the entire night(he will keep looking inside to make sure we are there for him) :)

5. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Very Well said Vidya :thumbsup. All pets do have 'personalities'.

A dog throwing temper tantrums :rotfl, omg, that is soooo hilarious.

Wow, never knew dogs eat fruits. Your dog has very healthy food habits and a sweet tooth I think :thumbsup.
    The closest encounter our dog had with a fruit once was to smell it and kick it away ;)

Sitting under the tree waiting for a fruit to fall, he is sooooooo smart. In india we hardly spend time domesticating or training dogs, but somehow over a period of time, they get 'fine tuned' on their own, to our needs and theirs as well and act accordingly :)

6. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for sharing your story Aruna!

Was so moved to see that a puppy changed your life/time for better.

After reading your thread, I am having small regrets about my fear which stops me from cuddling him or playing with him. If I read more I might reconsider my big NO(DH is extremely fond of dogs and wants to get a puppy as well) :thumbsup

7. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Wow, Harley(nice name!!!) seems to be perfectly trained in house keeping, keeping the house clean and keeping insects/pests away :thumbsup

They are so perfect in communicating their needs clearly with their barking/howling sounds. Our doggie will bark loudly if a stranger walks near the gate, will whimper if he is scared, howl in such a tone of asking when he is tied when we have guests and wants to be let free, a single bark indicates he needs to be let outside the gate for natures call, 2 barks - he is hungry or just in mood of some snacks..and so on :)

8. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Wow, a friend of mine in NY has a dog which has striking resemblance to yours and his name is Bruno as well :)

9. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Hats off to your dad's thoughtfulness in addressing your doggie with respect :thumbsup

10. aruna_077

aruna_077 Senior IL'ite

Hey navs,

I highly recommend that you change your mind soon. You will never regret this decision. I bet.

Thanks for reading my story.

Do post a pic when your DH brings home a lovely puppy.

-A