1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dog-eaters

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Tamrakshar, May 14, 2018.

1. Tamrakshar

Tamrakshar Platinum IL'ite

That scene was replicated in the Hindi movie, "Bombay to Goa". The actor was Vijay Raaz. I enjoyed the entire movie and that scene particularly.

Yes, Viswas ji, no food is safe. After the dog meat fiasco, suddenly the municipalities in West Bengal have woken up, and started inspecting various food eateries. Shockingly, they have found huge amount of rotten paneer being used by hotels and restaurants.

2. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

I'm not sure how you got from adulteration to legalizing dog-meat as a remedy,:lol: but that said, I am surprised at the surprise. India and China are perhaps the leaders in adulterated foods & fake products of all kinds. Expired medications repackaged, used bandages/cotton-dressing bleached and resold, chicory in coffee, God-Men (& Women!!) - you name it, we got it. As for tainted meat, almost anything meat-like in texture and passably chewable will do as long as it is significantly cheaper, the prime criterion for turning a profit. Styrofoam? Wood-chips? Marinated cardboard? Bandicoots? Hey, why not? :fearscream::confused:

3. Tamrakshar

Tamrakshar Platinum IL'ite

Unfortunately, that's true!

As far as dog meat is concerned, unknowingly people have been eating it in restaurants and hotels. Dog meat as such has no problem. But as per the report, the supplied meat was from rotten dead animals. That's why I thought if legalised, cheap fresh dog meat would be available. However, after talking with some people, and getting some feedbacks, I think there would not be any taker for it.