1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Does your DH value your gifts?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by b86monica, Jun 24, 2009.

1. b86monica

b86monica New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Today is my dh’s birthday. I gifted him a good leather Jacket and a Calvin Klein perfume. He was delighted for a moment when he saw but again as usual it was lying in some corner of the room. :bonk
    When I gifted him a very nice Armani watch for his 1st b’day (after our wedding) He said he really like my gift blah blah ….But I see this watch always lying in some corner and he hardly wears. I always feel he shows no value to my gifts.
    Where as when he gifts me something I will be so pleased about it and enjoy the pleasure of wearing and preserving it. When I asked him today he said he does value and appreciate my gifts but my way of thinking is always negative. I get so pissed off with his behaiour. Why is he so reckless?:rant

Girls, when you gift something to your dh what is your dh’s reaction. Does he really value your gifts?:idea

Last edited: Jun 24, 2009

2. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Yes, my dh definitely values my gifts. But he is just naturally sentimental like that! Maybe it is because he is a romantic type of guy hehe. :confused2:

Perhaps your dh values your gifts, but does it in his own way. Maybe he cherishes your gifts so much that he does not want to get them dirty or worn out! Sometimes when my hubby gifts me clothes, I don't want to wear them right away because I want them to stay crisp and new forever! :rotfl

Anyways, it's the thought that counts. As long as you are giving the gifts out of love, your hubby will surely feel it. :thumbsup

3. MrsV

MrsV Bronze IL'ite

hey monica..

my DH values it so much that he does not wear it!! :rant for our first newyear after we got engaged, i got him a burberry scarf.. because he always says he needs one and never gets it.. so i figured ok, let me get it for him.. he wore it once.. and his excuse.. too expensive to wear otherwise..

for his graduation, my parents and his parents got him a beautifulllllll movado.. he wore it like twice after i ranted!!

this past year i got him a jacket, a nice jacket.. my FIL has been drooling since he saw it.. that jacket has not seen the light of day yet!!

his excuse.. too good to wear outside, i don't want people to think i'm showing off.. i know he cares, but its his way of taking care of it, but keeping it safe.. if its a game or any sort of electronics, he will use it right away.. :-D

4. tiyamommy

tiyamommy New IL'ite

MY Dh is like urs, i figured that in the 1st few yrs of m'age.. And i latter quit giving him gifts which neways he will not like. Also he himself is not into this "gift giving" ritual.. He believes all this gift give n take is too filmy or rather foolish..
    So that;s ok..

Most of the time women , when buy gifts, we feel we shud present them what they dont have or what they dread to spend, but thing is for men , it doesnt matter who spends , they'll feel it waste.. So always buy gifts of their taste(which we may not like to give as a gift) rather than our taste....

cheers
    tiyamommy...

5. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

That's funny V, my hubby did the same thing with a watch I gave him. He thought it was soooo nice that he should keep it safe at home! :crazy
    Finally I convinced him to wear it, else it would've been lying in it's packaging forever!

6. shwethag

shwethag Bronze IL'ite

My Dh values my gifts to the extent I go mad. I had given him some greeting cards with the gifts. Now the greeting cards have become a big pile I want to throw it out but he is not ready :bonk. I had given him a watch I was in a hurry to buy so did not check if it was water proof or not. Well it was not so it got spoilt after one year. It has been 3 yrs and still he is not ready to throw it out :rant

7. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

My hubby values anything I gave him too .. including the cadbury's milk chocolate bar wrapper I had given him in school :biggrin2: till his mommy threw it out off his wallet , disgusted that her son was sooo love sick !!! :bang That was after 3 years..

He still has the cards I gave him and all the gifts.. but doesnt keep looking at it often. He knows he has got the best gift ( ME ) already !! :thumbsup

Monica ,

Some people look very insensitive when we are very sensitive ONLY .. When we care less, them not being too careful about it will start to matter less ! So, if you feel he doesnt value the gifts the way you want him to :spin , just give him a tight bang on his forehead :roll: and move on ! :) Dont give his carelessness too much of importance.. Instead buy something really nice for yourself at the same time and happily wear / use it ! ;-)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  8. mlk2009

mlk2009 Bronze IL'ite

My DH is like yours, looks at it eagerly and then it goes to one corner . So thats why I always give him experiences than material gifts.

I got him tickets to his favourite concert, then a spa treatment (massage, hot stone therapy) and one time his favourite movies on blue ray dvd, a weekend getaway package etc...

so i see him enjoy and we are done with it .... period.

9. archana2008

archana2008 Gold IL'ite

What a topic... On Time.. :thumbsupMy DH birthday is around the corner.
    Ok let's start first time i prepared a ppt presentation slides and wrote XX(his age) reasons why i love him, he said how much time did you waste preparing this :bonk..
    All my greeting cards lie somewhere inside. I am ok he is like that only.
    So now i started something new from this year..i gift him things that are useful at home :thumbsupexample: all his photos are lying here n there. so i bought album, arranged all snaps in that. will gift him this year. so good for me and him :rotflso trying to make our house neat by doing so.. plus things will be organised at one place.. so ladies..think of innovative ideas help yourself with gift.. oh yaa forgot to say once i gave him teady holding i love you.. and i simply love it :cheers

10. supriyaakp

supriyaakp Bronze IL'ite

tiyamommy is 100% correct. i stopped giving gifts to my dh.