1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do your ILs do the same thing?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by iamsrihere, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Flower27

Flower27 New IL'ite

Yes.. I can understand... The ungrateful things they say against us..are difficult to forget and DH doesn't understand the emotional turmoil that we undergo.

2. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

How it is iss inlaws think it’s ok to act n say whatever they can just bcz they are inlaws .. the worst part is my Fil works for the justice and he has this mentality and listens only to mil and if she cries god safe us bcz he will just blast ..the more u care the more they act worst just leave them

3. Starkgirl

Starkgirl Silver IL'ite

Lol I used to think only my MIL behave very strange but looks like all MIL are same.
    Even though currently we don’t stay with PIL but when we went to India, every time me and DH went out on our return my MIL will be angry and irritated. She used to lock herself in her room and not come out.
    DH observed everything n realized wat was going on so he asked me not to talk to her when she is like that..after few days when no one give any Bhav she used to come out n act normal

Sandycandy likes this.
  4. cheenu123

cheenu123 Gold IL'ite

When I was married and I'dreturn from shocking, my MIL would look at me expectantly to show her the stuff. I then bought two huge tote bags and would stuff my things in there so that I didn't have to go through the rigors of showing her everything, every time.

Sandycandy likes this.
  5. rupz

rupz Silver IL'ite

Guess it's the same in every house hold.
    It's similar at mine..if Me and my DH go out or have food outside or order food from out.. my MIL like why do you have to do so...can't have food at home ...why is the need to go out and spend money etc etc..
    Also sometimes she behaves she is ill, then my DH will go and care for her, and he will say we shouldn't have gone out etc.

Do all MILs have some telepathy or something..

6. Harini82

Harini82 New IL'ite

Do they live with you? Or did they just come to visit you?

If they live with you, ignore them. Out of 5 times you and your husband goes out, offer them once if they want to join you. Or ask them if they want anything from outside. Dont let angry stares increase in your beautiful family. It will do no good.

If they dont live with you but just came to visit you, take them with you. At this age, there is nothing that they need except for the kids love. Ignore whatever mentality your inlaws have. Be yourself and this will make your husband love you tremendously and you will be a role model for your kids.

Sandycandy likes this.