1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do Not Want To Give Up This Time!

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by RealisticMe, Jan 11, 2018.

1. RealisticMe

RealisticMe Junior IL'ite

Makes complete sense. Thankyou for your advice.

2. RealisticMe

Thankyou for your advice. Makes complete sense.

3. RealisticMe

Thankyou for your advice, its very helpful.

4. RealisticMe

My mom told me today that she will come in may and spend one week at my brothers place first and then come to us. That would be my 9th month and my 1st one was born 1 month pre. All I could think of was she just thinks about them. She wants to come there first, spend most time there and leave from there. In between just for a month she will come to my house. Can’t help but feel very sad about all this. My own mom’s bias is really hurting me. I wish I could be more positive.

5. sweetsmiley

sweetsmiley Platinum IL'ite

I can understand your pain and even i faced this bias and couldn't get over with that. Just for your peace of mind
    Is it possible to manage that one month without your Mom? If yes, then better manage with external help and dont think about this again and again.

Tats what i finally did and felt lot better. may be my inner ego satisfied after i said no to biased help. I know its not good and they are my own parents, but postpartum hormones play big role.. :(

I literally cried for more than a week about that and finally decided not to think about that again... Peace...

RealisticMe likes this.
  6. Brevity

Brevity Gold IL'ite

Make plans with your husband to adjust without your mom's help. May be husband can take a couple of weeks or a month off, get a part-time nanny. Inform your mom that you can adjust yourself and ask her to visit whenever she wishes, may be when baby is bigger, for whatever duration she wishes.

Believe me, you will feel much better once you take away the expectations from her. Since your husband is supportive, you can do it.

Think about your poor mom who puts up and serves your cold sil for the fear of having nobody to take care of her.
    I think all this is because of societal expectations, not because she does not love you. When you find yourself emotionally stable, assure her that she will always be welcome by you and your husband when she is old and sick.

nakshatra1 and RealisticMe like this.
  7. ririta477

ririta477 New IL'ite

In my opinion just get a help from outside to help you out with your daily work and with your eldest kid. You stay relaxed and dictate your own terms. Take the support of your husband both emotionally and physically in whatever ways you can. Don't have the jhanjhat of having your parents or in-laws when you are pregnant and for few months post delivery. Stop thinking about how your mother thinks and enjoy your motherhood, which is more important.

NeetaR and RealisticMe like this.
  8. RealisticMe

Thankyou! Yes that’s what happened. I can’t stop but cry about all this. I can and will get help from outside. But, her bias is killing me. She wants to show my bhabi all stuff she is getting for me so that bhabi is not offended. She wants to cook for them before coming here. I don’t understand why she is so scared of her. I can’t look up to her anymore as a role model. I am going to be a mom of a baby girl soon and all I can think of is promising her that I will not do this to her. I am trying to get this out of my system and let all this go. But I am not able to get over it. I wish I feel more positive and move on sooner. Thankyou for your response.

9. RealisticMe

If i would do that now, they will not agree. Since i already fought a lot uselessly for what i thought was right. But, it did not matter at all. Nothing changed and i realized very late that nothing was supposed to change. I had to make peace with it.

10. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

I agree you should do that , and be serious about it . I feel bad for your mom.