Diwali Shopping 2010

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by shubini, Oct 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Same thing happened with me but in Pothys. When I asked the sales person(it was a man here) since the advertisement had come on that days paper, he told the same thing, and also added only one sample piece has come , as the ad was released in paper . Balance will be made avialable in couple of days.

Shubini , coming to dress line ready made salwars, inspite of getting cheated at Naidu hall, recently 2-3 months back I bought one for about 1500 or so from Hi style anna nagar. The thing is that, dressline brand appeals so good, with color combination and especially dupatta patterns, that I fell for it, and picked it up. It not only gave (giving now also) color, the top just shrunk after one wash and I had to go to my local tailor to remove the side stictches and get it redone, with the limited available cloth space.

Spari, all your pieces are looking good , especially white like RG told. What is that material ? Is it available in other pastel shades too like peach etc.

Does anybody suggest Kairasi, Kalanjaiyam etc, for materials? After hearing the price range of Karishma, I dont want to go there. for that price I would better buy a good silk cotton saree, which looks grand for any occassion. I want to buy some good quality cotton materials for Office wear.

2. brindaarun

brindaarun Silver IL'ite

Hi Radikrish

Kairasi, Kalanjaiyam u can buy for mix and match salwar tops and bottom for office wear..
    Last yr i bought 5 mix and match in Kalanjaiyam ranganathan street -> go to 3rd/2nd where the stocks in rolls, in other floors it would be sets.

No fading/shrunk and all.. Most of them i get it below 500..

3. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Most of my synthetic materials are from Kalnjiyam,kairsai only.No color fading,shrinkage.Less maintenace.There you can find this Nisha tailor,where most of the college girls used to stitch.He has many patterns

4. vdeepab4u

vdeepab4u Gold IL'ite

Do you refer to Kalanjiyam in Ranganathan Street. Its opp to Shobha Textiles. Even Shobha is also good (especially for innerwears) but the dresses seems to be a bit costly but worth buying it.

5. spari

spari Senior IL'ite

RG , Brinda ... Thanks for your feebacks:)

radhikrish,
    Only white colour is available in this with different patterns. You can check the shop.

6. rajalakshmigopal

I had been to Rashikas Boutique,Kotturpuram yesterday.They have this offer Buy 3 get 1 for salwars(materials+ready made),sarees,kurthas

I was disappointed.Collections were limited.Their silk cotton collection was good.But we could get the same thing for a lesser price in T Nagar.

Hence I had to come home without buying anything.:hide:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  7. varhem

varhem IL Hall of Fame

yesterday got a chance ti visit adambakkam.went to the shop at karuneegar street,salwars were damn good.thanks to RG. hereafter i will buy salwars only from here.

8. rajalakshmigopal

Thanks varhem.:hiyaYou have indirectly tempted me to go there.:biglaugh

9. Durgapriye

Durgapriye Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    Will you please give the shops name hows the pricing? I guess Adambakkam is neare to Porur vthan Tnagar.

@SPAri,
    I liked all your suit materials yaar very nice.

10. varhem

varhem IL Hall of Fame

hi DURGA
    it is ARVIND CREATION

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.