1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Diwali Is Not Yet Over! Be Ready For Another Gift From Your Friend!

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Me again, Sridhar !

Do you think, by reading the book earlier, you would have been a better husband ? Not at all !
    Women take these book far more seriously than men, take it from me ! Every man ( ofcourse you are possibly an exception!) thinks he is a " know all" of his woman's psycholgy ! Every woman laughs to herself, how fertile her man's imagination can be !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Chitra, there is a small contradiction here!

Dear Chitra,

You say in the first line that I would not have been a better husband reading the book because women take the book far more seriously than men. But few lines down you say, "of course you are possibly an exception". Please explain where I stand. Am I classed with other men or exceptionalised?

I dont know whether I am an exception or not. Right from 1998, the year I started writing, I developed an interest in women (My God, dont give that mischievous look; for I am a Sriramachandramurthy in that aspect). I started looking at their behaviour, their feelings etc. First I focussed on their negative aspects and then only came to the better side.

In fact that has given an edge to me in my writing when I am dealing with women, with parents, daughters and sisters. That made me almost a single male writer regularly writing for Womens Era.

If you read the book you will find that it is not in the nature of men to read books like these. They would rather read investment strategies and tax-savings books (there are legacies of our hunting past).
    regards,
    sridhar

3. Chitvish

My dear Sridhar !

Because you are my good friend, I grant you the privilege to be " the exception".
    Whether you change as a man on reading the book or not, you will enjoy reading it for "kadai vitarathu", oops, sorry, "kadai ezutharathu". That will give you a better insight (or a more complicated insight ?)into our simple thinking.
    I need to do some talking to Indhu !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

4. varalotti

May your hopes come true!

Dear Varloo,
    Since today is your birthday I will silently swallow what you have stated. Hitherto women have been more or less dependent on men for their livelihood. They were virtually dominated by men all along. And history records the fact only the dominated specie will anxious to know about the dominating specie in order to lead a peaceful life. For the dominating species there is no need or incentive to know about a subservient species.
    But things are changing Varloo. Women are not only into careers, they also show a marked degree of independence compared to their mothers and sisters.
    Very soon there will be a state where the husband would be suing the wife for maintenance ("jeevanamsam"). Actually Actress Padmapriya's husband sued her for a monthly maintenance of Rs. 500 which was allowed by the Saidapet Court in Chennai.
    Things are in for a change. At least let's hope so.
    regards,
    sridhar

5. rajeswary

rajeswary Guest

dear chith

my dear chith ,
    thanks for praising me (my words actually ! ) !
    I want to make clear about one thing regarding my previous mail ; actually i didnt compare u with sridhar - just made comments on both of u - I too admit the fact that he has got a high level of thinking - i would say blunty HE IS A GENIUS ! no doubt ur way of writing is sophyisticated & enjoyouble of course ! pl. take my words in the right sense chith , ok ?
    with lots of love ,
    Rajeswary.

6. rajeswary

rajeswary Guest

hi

HI SRIDHAR ,
    VERY PLEASED TO RECEIVE UR NICE REPLY ! I BEG UR PARDON TO MAKE ONE CORRECTION IN IT - HOW CAN I EVER COMMENT ON HOW U DO '
    KADHAI VIDARADHU DURING DAY TIME ' SINCE I DONT KNOW U PERSONALLY ? SORRY IF I HAD EMBARRASSED U - KINDLY BEAR WITH UR GREAT FAN SRIDHAR -OK?
    WITH HIGH REGARDS ,
    Rajeswary.

7. Chitvish

Dear rajy !

You write so endearingly, that I will take whatever you write only in the right sense.
    I fully agree with your words about Sridhar
    he has got a high level of thinking - i would say blunty HE IS A GENIUS
    You have written to him that you are his great fan. Please remember, rajy, I am his greater fan for the past one year in this forum ! So, we become friends, now !
    Love & regards,
    Chith.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2006
  8. varalotti

No Sweat, Rajeswary!

Hi Rajeswary,
    You, like everybody who reads my writings, have absolute right to comment on my writings. And you did nothing wrong. So dont worry. Just relax. Honestly poetry has never been my forte. I remember a comment by one of my friends (again a woman who is also a writer). "Sridhar, your prose is poetical but your poetry is prosaic. It stinks."
    In spite of all that I published one poem in Alive Magazine. (That is posted here in my forum; title of the poem is The Lost Slipper). But as I wrote that poem I understood I am no good at poems. Hence I quit.
    So don't worry. I am not at all offended. Go ahead. I want to see your comments (good and bad) for each writing of mine.
    Be bold in your comments. (Did you see Vedasri's comments for my story The Price? She wrote "Not upto the mark, sridhar".)
    Thanks for your nice apology post. But there is no need to apologise.
    regards,
    sridhar

9. rajeswary

rajeswary Guest

my friend chith

Dear chith ,
    Thanks for accepting me as ur friend ! Very soon i ll also become a greater fan to the great ' varalotti ' ! sorry ...... just for fun i said - I know u r much more senior to me !
    one small request - address me by my full name please .... if u dont mind ..... ok ?

love ,
    Rajeswary.

10. rajeswary

rajeswary Guest

hi sridhar

sridhar ,
    Actully i didnt apologise for having commented on ur ability ( or rathar disability ! ) to write poems - but for saying ' kadhai vidharadhu ' enakku eppdi ungala theriyumnu kettathukku - now u get my point? expecting ur reply .
    with regards ,
    Rajeswary .