1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Divorced & now in love with a married man with kids

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by Mooni, Jan 22, 2012.

1. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

If you marry this guy then be prepared to welcome a third , fourth wife later. Then he can divorce and go for another round of marrying since his religion allows it.

3 people like this.
  2. billybob

billybob Gold IL'ite

Just because some cultural and religious practices sanction marrying four women, you dont have to be sensitive about them. It should not be supported even if it is a religious custom, if one man can marry four wives just because he can afford it, what happens to the rest of the men in the society, you are supporting an imbalance between men and women. Supporting a woman is more than just a financial issue, what about other woman and her childrens emotions. This is like you can have more cows since you have money to buy them. As far OP is concerned even if it is a custom it not appropriate for the other woman, eventually it will come back to you if you have a daughter from this man she may end up like first wife. Just because in cultures women are treated as commodities, cannot drive, cannot go out without a man or vote, can marry four wives does not make it right.

3. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

as for as i know, the first wife must give her consent for her husband's second marriage. whether they care for this rule is a different story though.

4. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Persecution of women in the name of religion and customs designed for another period of time need not be encouraged in modern times. We are educated ..can discern right from wrong and if we feel something is wrong we should be allowed to voice it. After all dowry sati childmarriages were all a part of Hindu culture ..did we not protest loudly and get rid of them ..what makes practices of one religion immune to debate and others not ?

7 people like this.
  5. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

so did OP check with the first wife about whehter she really gave her consent??
    Is OP ready to be the second wife of a marriedd man? when he can switch b/w 2 women as n when he wishes..
    Is OP going to be ready for a 3rd one to be involved?? because if a second one (OP) can be involved in a married mans life, tomorrow a 3rd one might want to be involved and why not?? and will OP give her consent to this man at that time?

Its like this man in the name of his religion n customs, gets to marry n separate as many times as he wishes...and if the woman doesnt want separation, they have to live with the circumstances of many other women involved in this mans life...why not OP take a stand here and say NO...she doesnt want to be involved as a second wife that too when this guy is in relationship with the first wife...(basically why fall in LOVE with a married man is a million dollar question?? why the thought of spoiling another womans life doesnt come to mind?? what is this love..some one pls explain to me....enlighten me....pls..

1 person likes this.
  6. fencesitter

education and modern times have nothing do with the beliefs here. For them its the final revelation from god and it can not be changed. what i remember is, call for such change amounts to blasphemy

7. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

just a question....can we expect this change from a woman?? because finally she and her kids ar ethe ones who have to go through the pain and it doesnt matter to the man as finally he is doing what his customs n traditions let him to do and even his parents or family wont see anything wrong in these second or third marriages!!! so why not women take a stand and say no to marrying a man if he is already married..and first of all why even think/find a possible prospect in a married manw ith kids.

2 people like this.
  8. fencesitter

That OP has to answer. I was just telling the religious aspect, which i have read, out of curiosity. what i remember is , unless the first wife agrees, a man can not have a second wife. Marriage is a religious thing for them. That is the reason why so many conversions takes place whenever they marry outside the community, be it film stars, cricketers, or commoners.

9. Mooni

Mooni New IL'ite

Thank you ladies for your concerns and advice. All of you believe that it'll be unfair, for me, for his wife & kids. If I had heard this story, I would say the same. I'm a 28 yr old, working as an Eye surgeon, Muslim, living in Riyadh. I have extensive experience of working with the WHO in the Taliban affected areas, I get invited to local TV channels for interviews about health issues, my articles are posted in the newspaper, etc. What I mean to say is that I've seen the world, I've seen life's dirtiest and sickest side with my own eyes. I know good from bad.
    For the first time in my life, I've felt the connection of my soul with another. I never believed in soul-mates or ideal person stuff, I believed in facts, in reality. But something happened to both of us when we saw each other, we just knew it. He wanted to divorce his wife to marry me but I couldn't do that to a woman when her husband wanted to do that after 12 yrs of their marriage. I didn't ever want to marry but in this society, we can't even have a cup of coffee with each other if we are not legally related. He's a financially stable guy, with assets and bank balance and I'm a successful career woman, we don't need each other's money or bodies. It's our souls that feel content. I tried cutting off connections with him but he dwells in me and I in him. I want him to take care of his responsibilities and give me some of his time. I shall not have to share the house with his wife as I'll be in a separate one. I'm mostly working or studying, I don't have time for a 24/7 husband and he understands the demands of my work. In our religion, a man can have four wives if he can take care of them and all the children. Many younger and single men are approaching me but I don't feel anything for anyone. No one touched my core as this man did. Ever.
    Now, ladies, I attempted to speak my heart out a bit more and your comments and advises are urgently needed.

10. Mooni

Mooni New IL'ite

Ivlakshmi, when did I mention he has two kids??