1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Divorced - Lonely

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by VidhyaVi, Oct 25, 2018.

1. VidhyaVi

VidhyaVi Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for your kind words, SGBV.

You are right about my location and and the taboos around my location.

V

2. VidhyaVi

VidhyaVi Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for your kind words SGBV.

I'm still uncertain about marrying the second time the reasons for which I've posted in my post. I'll note your suggestions and think again.

3. VidhyaVi

VidhyaVi Bronze IL'ite

Thanks DDREAM for your kind words.

One of my friends who's settled abroad gave me the suggestion of looking for partners to engage in casual sex if I was not comfortable marrying for the second time. But I was not sure how far it is logical or feasible in Chennai, India. That 's why i thought icould take some suggestions from new friends in the internet forums.

I'll keep your words in mind and maybe ask you for more help if it isnot much trouble.

Thanks,

DDream likes this.
  4. VidhyaVi

VidhyaVi Bronze IL'ite

I am not quite comfortable with sex toys. I tried once as a friend of mine suggested. But it's not what I'd be most happy with.

V

5. VidhyaVi

VidhyaVi Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for your kind words Globetrotter.
    I'll stick to what you have suggested.

6. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

@VidhyaVi you might want to check @GlobetrotterG blog. it will help you give more clarity.

VidhyaVi likes this.
  7. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

OP, I think you are looking for intimacy. But how can it be possible with the social setup in India or with a stranger. I don't know. If you are in a western country you can search dating sites and can have a boyfriend without feeling bad about it. Its quite normal here.

But in India, in a conservative family setup, any thing out of ordinary especially something like casual sex come with its own risk and consequences (STd/ AIDS/or similar in addition to bad name /fame. Be aware of its on consequences on kids life & future). If one has strong moral values, it may result in guilty feeling, pain and depression later in one's life ( example :Depressed Because Of “affairs “..). There will be people, like your friend, who encourage you for it, but when you face problems, no one will be there to help you.

There are many women who engage in casual affairs with married men spoiling others life (see married life forum). They should have find single men (never married, divorced or widowed ) instead of being part of a cheating process & ruin the life of other women/kids. Look like these kind of casual relation give only momentary pleasure but can ruin the life long happiness & peace at least to some of them (JMO)

So your better option is not to focus on what is lacking in your life or being desperate about it. Try to find ways to satisfy yourself without the above risks( 'google' may help) and make you happy. If you are not ready for a re-marriage (how old is your kid) , you don't need to hurry, enjoy your new freedom, wait till you find the right person. Count your blessings. Think really well about all aspects. Take your own time. Anyway, its your life and your choice. Good luck.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    EagerForInfo, Topaz49, Urmila and 5 others like this.
  8. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

Dear @DDream , i totally respect your advise.

but lack of affection can drive humans crazy. i am seeing in my neighbor house, a strong happy man, got broken by his stupid wife. my aunt daughter also got divorced very late, now she is fat and totally depressed.

VidhyaVi likes this.
  9. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Do you think casual sex brings any affection to OPs life other than momentary pleasures and risks, especially in Indian set up. My reply was based OPs friends suggestion on it.

Every one wants to be loved . That's basic human need. I agree you on that emotional need. But we should be careful to choose the right partner for it.
    What do you think is the best option for her ?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  10. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

I am not at all disagreeing with you. Sorry i got emotional. i should keep away from IL for sometime, external factors enhance it. i had a call with my cousin india who was crying.

you are right. i do not know. I will delete my post. apolojies

VidhyaVi likes this.