1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Divorce

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by rarejewel, Nov 27, 2017.

1. rarejewel

rarejewel Junior IL'ite

Hi,
    I am writing after a while. The maintenance case I filed, still has not progressed. The judge is not doing her duty as it is in order stage but since last 3 months she is delaying and keep on giving date. my husband has not appeared in court for last 5 months. But the judge is not taking any action against him. Is there any way to file a complaint against the judge? I am ready to compromise with my husband but he and his family has so much ego that he won't even reply to my emails. We asked my husband's lawyer what he wants. He said he doesn't want to live with me, just he wants to torture me and my family. Neither my husband is cooperating nor the judge/lawyer. Is this how it works? I am really fed up. Please give me some advice.

2. kalpas

kalpas Bronze IL'ite

If your husband has not come to the court for 3 times consecutively thane an ex-partie divorce should be granted.

your lawyer should guide you on this. I am not sure if you can change the judge. But check if you want to goto a different lawyer. Your lawyer should be able to guide you correctly. If not, change the lawyer.

Also, as you have mentioned your husband does not want to live with but at the same time does not want to give you divorce, don't expect any maintenance from him. If you ask for that , he will continue to make you suffer. DEfinitely he will not give you money. You will be wasting your time. .Since you are qualified, he will use that as a reason for not paying you maintenance.

I would suggest you hire a competent lawyer. File for a simple separation/divorce. Dont ask for maintenance. Since you dont have kids , no problem should be there.

Just get a divorce and move on with your life. Take up a job and become independent. Dont waste time. Your husband seems to be a person who plays games. You can never strike a fair deal with people like them

Best of luck

3. omnam

omnam Platinum IL'ite

Completely agree. Such situation are stressful. Going to court, seeing people with problems and everyone looking at you wondering why your husband is leaving is really depressing. Been there. But you will have to get rid of negative things in life to have positive things to happen. As suggested by @kalpas , talk to your lawyer for change in petition and finalize your divorce. Judges will avoid such cases. Coz though there is provision of maintenance to wife, and people misuse, they delay such cases.