1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Divine!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

RGS,

A lovely write up, was reminded of my childhood days while reading. It's always such a pleasure and elated feeling for me when digging into stuffs that have been long forgotten. I feel like a child again, I remember when I was in school used to collect coins, 10's to 1Re and store them in a Pond's Cold cream box :), once full I used to convert it to notes. Those were some days....

1 person likes this.
  2. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks StillWaters for being the first to provide a feedback. And yes, these smells and other things that connect us to our beloved times of the past, are such lovely things that we long for them always. Thanks again StillWaters. -rgs

3. rgsrinivasan

Thanks very much Syamala for giving such a nice feedback. Happy to read your childhood memories as well. Regarding those flowers, I am not sure if you are referring the "magizhampoo" [sorry, don't know the english name of it]. Such a lovely flower which is actually small and indistinct and you cannot really distinguish it had there not been that smell that keeps hitting you in waves, even days after it dried. And those old notebooks with their neat hand draws you in forever. -rgs

4. rgsrinivasan

Thanks SRama for your nice feedback. Children find everything new and quickly get absorbed in to things than adults. And these timeless things are real special, not just for their quality, but also for our associated memories of dear ones who used it. And the lucky people who are us, stand to enjoy during our childhood and witness our child to enjoy them too. -rgs

5. rgsrinivasan

Thanks PS Madam, for your feedback and happy to read what you shared.
    I always wonder why our bygone days make us feel good. One large reason for that is that our parents have mostly shielded us from all things that are not happier. Lovely times, those. -rgs

6. rgsrinivasan

Thanks Jayasala madam, for your lovely feedback. And yes, those things that had "secret" stamped all over them always caught our attention. And yes, those days when we had so less money, and feel gutted at times then, are the ones that made us stronger too. I remember walking about 3 kilometers because of having 25 paise short for a ticket once and it was only due to my mistake.

Perhaps they wanted us to know the value of hard earned money, I understand.
    Compared to today, where we have much more, the joy is so less but. -rgs

7. rgsrinivasan

Thanks Suryakala madam for your like and appreciation. Oh, however much small a life we have, each of us do have such moments to cherish and these are the moments that make our otherwise mundane life so special. Thanks again. -rgs

8. rgsrinivasan

Perhaps I would like to write another snippet or two Viswa, for just the last line of yours. Every child dreams to emulate his / her parent till a point, grows up, finds own path and later on, during the second childhood, long for being one with / feeling a lot more closer to them with a slight tinge of fuilt as well. Any and every iota of things that you could associate with them, is divine and like a child cherishing its toy, we tend to carry them with us all along.

Thanks for this nice feedback and like and for nominating this post too. -rgs

9. rgsrinivasan

Thanks Akanksha, for your like and for sharing your childhood experience.
    Like a spider weaving concentric circle like web with gradually increasing radius, many such things actually make us, where we are at the outermost. And we may not know what it takes actually to get there, but they always lie there, just beneath the surface and ready to rejuvenate us anytime. Thanks again. -rgs

10. rgsrinivasan

Thanks Kamla madam, for your like and for this feedback. Yes, in the short span of time that we live, our very existence is made good, with such happy moments and smells that bring us closer to our beloveds who never let us suffer till they were around. Life is all about being there when needed and accepting without any complaints. Thats what we have seen and thats what seems to be missing these days. Glad to hear your experience too. Thanks again. -rgs