Dissipiating Karma

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by CoolPie, May 24, 2017.

1. dia3

dia3 Silver IL'ite

that's scary - being born as an animal.....i m happy that i and my family r strict vegetarians.

CoolPie likes this.
  2. blessings1010

blessings1010 Gold IL'ite

@Needtobestrong
    It may not feel that it is fair but everything CoolPie mentioned here is true when you are working towards resolving the karma. And that is still ok. At least, you are willing to understand the concept. So hold on to it and some more until it starts making sense. We have a lifetime to learn, both from our own experiences and mistakes and also from others who are slightly or already ahead in this game of life.

Karma is basically an action/ an intent. Also, know that we as human beings have this ability to create and resolve karma, forgive us and others at our mind's will (free will).

When we get hurt deeply, we feel the pain, we, in turn, want to cause the pain to the source of our hurt. So when we do that, it does not mean that we are born sinners and can not change our thoughts. When we share the bonds of love or hate with someone, it creates a karma cord. I am still learning and working towards understanding this interdependence but slowly starting to experience that Forgiveness of self and others is the final and only way to cut this cord. And to come out of this every repeating cycle of cause and effect of bad karma.
    It is very hard to do and every now and then, we all tend to fall back into the mindset of " why me, why not them, life is not fair, i ought to get this, they ought to get that".
    But know that, there is a higher power that leads our souls to our true purpose, which is at times more powerful than we believe.
    Many of us live through many experiences and many lives to have a belief. Even that is perfect because every experience and life bring us closer to the final destination of being in peace.

For those who believe in it, I would like to share forgiveness intentions that I came across in one of the scriptures.
    When someone hurts you (intentionally or unintentionally)
    Imagine the person in front of your eyes and in your mind say-
    I salute the divinity within you, I salute the atma within you.
    We all are children of god, we all are created by parbarhma.
    We all are evolving, we all do mistakes. You are forgiven.
    The blessings of Parabharma is with you and with me.
    Go in Peace.
    Thank you for working out my negative karma.
    ( feel compassion for that person, bless that person with peace and love)
    Cut the Cord.

When you hurt someone ( intentionally or unintentionally)
    Imagine the person in front of your eyes and in your mind say-
    I salute the divinity within you.
    I came to know my role in hurting you and generating negative karma out of that.
    I ask for forgiveness with peace.
    I have realized my mistake and apologize for that and go in peace.
    Parabarhma forgives me for my mistake.
    Thank you for forgiving and neutralizing my negative karma.
    Repeat it 7 times and then Cut the cord

Is it hard? very hard. At times, when the situation or person has been very tough for us, we can not do anything else but get angry on the person in our mind. Feel that anger, deep breath and let it go. Trust the process, one day at a time. Every decision or action you have ever taken has brought you to where you are today, at this moment, exactly where you are meant to be.
    It might take a long long time before we can visualize the situation or person and start the prayer. But one day, one moment, it will get easier than when you started.

If nothing happens and you still need time to believe in ( I took almost a decade and still counting some days when my faith starts questioning the reasons), just play "Om Mani Padme Hum" chant in the background, until you start the forgiveness process.

the six syllables, OM MANI PADME HUM, mean that in dependence on the practice which is in indivisible union of method and wisdom, you can transform your impure body, speech, and mind into the pure body, speech, and mind of a Buddha.
    Source- Om Mani Padme Hum by The Dalai Lama

Needtobestrong, dc24, dimple7 and 2 others like this.
  3. dia3

dia3 Silver IL'ite

yes i have heard psychics n all say that energy cords need to be cut...there r detailed steps to do that..did u try that..did it work for u...because its said that if lets say ur ex is cursing u, it wil affect u because of teh energy cord that u keep sharing even if u don't talk or don't see each otehr at all n this energy cord was formed because u allowed him in ur personal space...just curious !

Needtobestrong likes this.
  4. blessings1010

blessings1010 Gold IL'ite

Yes. There are a few pranic healing techniques people use to cut the cords with unpleasant experiences, people, places, and habits. They do work if worked on consistently. One of the success factors is continuity and practice. And one of the measures to find if it worked for you is to check your feeling when you think about that person or see the picture of them. IF you do not have any more feelings towards them or the feelings are not so strong anymore, you can trust that you are letting them go. In the sense that even they have very less control over your feelings and hence your life.
    My teacher actually suggested me to write down all those instances and people whom I may have formed cords that are not mutually beneficial. She did ask me to work on forgiveness for each and every one of them until I see its effect on my feelings towards them. For the most part, I am indifferent towards them when I either think about them or see their pictures. Personal space is entirely for my own self. For other, deeply seated emotions, the journey continues.
    hope it helps!

dia3 likes this.
  5. dia3

dia3 Silver IL'ite

Don't take abuse in the name of karma...no God or universe or psychic or doctor wil ask u to bear abuse because of karma ....i think thsi forum is a sign from universe for u to move out of teh unhealthy situation with ur in laws..even my cousin moved out n applied for divorce because if ur in laws or hubby dislike u, they can go to extreme steps so be very careful n move out...or they can make u mentally unstable so be very careful ...

don't know if u read the news , 2 cases happened in US- 1 of gujarati man and another of telugu man n authorities here r on look out for them as they both killed their indian wife n they used to abuse them too..i think they r absconding n ran away to India !

dimple7 likes this.
  6. dimple7

dimple7 Gold IL'ite

Do you know anything about the Budhist prayer of Soka Gakkai- which is also related to Karma ...?

7. dimple7

dimple7 Gold IL'ite

thankyou so much for your support and guide. Am alomost in tearful eye after reading your suggestion...thhankzzzzzzz

8. dimple7

dimple7 Gold IL'ite

ya have applied for Mutual Div., lets see what happens.
    They are still torturing me and parents indirectly . They are next to criminals........

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  9. CoolPie

CoolPie Silver IL'ite

Dear Dimple,
    Hugs to you. Sorry dear. My explanation on karma might have even hurt you. Dont bother about karma and such for now. But there is no need to loose hope even now. Let the divorce proceedings keep going. Meanwhile, try to do fasting to any God or Saint for sometime. But, with a belief that He ll give you a peaceful and a Happy life in that same family no matter whatever happens.

You can do 9 thursdays Saibaba vrat or Raghavendra puja or vaibhavalakshmi puja vrat or fasting on any other saint/diety whoever your favourite be.
    The pujas and prayers section on IL has so many vrats mentioned and quite a lot of people are doing and reaping benefits. There have been so many miracles happening due to these pujas and vrats. My cousin sister conceived after she followed the 9 thursday Saibaba vrat. I have seen people speaking positively about vrats that helped them. I have also seen some distributing sweets and prasad in the temples after getting successful results due to Vrat. You can read the experiences of devotees who followed the vrat and met with success on the other websites or on IL. This will impose your faith on the diety.

Alternatively you can keep chanting the name of your favourite diety /saint the whole day whenever possible. This can be done with/without following Vrat but with faith.

Only thing required is hope or faith or whatever you call it. Concentrate on the diety/saint with complete faith more than concentrating on the problem and keep fasting even if the court granted divorce. The external situation may be depressing but concentrating externally will only lead to mental agony. Instead if you are able to concentrate on the fastings prescribed, I still hope you can save your marriage and also live happily with your husband and in-laws.

Impose on the mind everyday that God ll definitely save your marriage and give a happy life. I have already mentioned in previous msg that whatever imposed on the mind everyday ll soon get submerged in to your subconscious mind and will manifest in your life. This is 100% true.
    I know its difficult to concentrate on pujas right now, but just give a try rather than dwelling on the problem.

May God bless you to live happily with your husband.
    Good luck to you.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    dimple7 and dc24 like this.
  10. Lifecoach

Lifecoach New IL'ite

Well said Coolpie