1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Discussions regarding dental health

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by drdivkris, Jan 31, 2013.

1. drdivkris

drdivkris New IL'ite

hello everyone, well let me introduce myself I am Dr Divya Krishnan, MDS Prosthodontics and Me and my husband ( plastic surgeon).

i keep reading posts on indus ladies and i have noticed that there arent any posts regarding dental health. i have seen posts on weight loss, pregnancy, facials, tailors, cooking classes etc...

So i took it on my self to create this post on discussions regarding dental health. Any dentists out there are welcome to put in their inputs too

I Solely follow my motto " Meet the mind before the mouth"

its important that patietns understand their treatment and their benefits or side effects if any. With today's equipments and treatmetn modalities dental treatment has become faster and much smoother, relaxing not only the patient but also imcreasing the work efficiency of the dentist.

so i am going to keep putting small updates on different treatments for improving awareness. however i can't put up pictures as of yet.

Hope i am of some help to you all!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2013
    1 person likes this.

2. drdivkris

drdivkris New IL'ite

well for those of you reading the first post might find the first scentence little incomplete , thats so as it has been edited slightly by the administrative side .

So now to kick off our forum

When is it time to meet a dentist?
    a) once in 6 months
    b) once in 2-3 yrs
    c) only when i develop a toothache/ bad breadth
    d) never

1 person likes this.
  3. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

drdivkris,

Welcome to IL Health Forum. Nice to know you are a dentist and this discussion on Dental health is interesting.

Hope to see more participants here. Best wishes to you.

4. drdivkris

drdivkris New IL'ite

its always advisable to go for a dental check up once in 6 months, many a times dental caries can be arrested if noticed early rather than have yourself come running to a clinic with acute pain, or even a swollen face. certain people who are more prone to caries should be extra careful.

An dplease dont even think of the last option "never"
    liked a dialogue in a movie once Never say Never!!!
    ( dont remember the movie though)

5. Burchety26

Burchety26 New IL'ite

Good discussion. Normally, people ignore their oral health and therefore, face major problems in future. Luckily, I have found a good dentist Hermosa Beach and I regularly go to him for dental check-up. I obey whatever he asks me to do for a good oral hygiene.