Discuss woodwork and modular kitchen

Discussion in 'Housing' started by Shanvy, Mar 4, 2007.

1. irenesa

irenesa Silver IL'ite

Re: Discuss :- Modular Kitchens

Hi,
    Actually wanted to know if u did ur kitchen from fuzion.We happenend to meet them and are intersted pls do advice.
    Thanks
    Smitha

2. vsharma

vsharma Platinum IL'ite

Hi Rashmi,

I have sent you PM, not sure whether you will be able to open as you have only 3 post completed. I have posted the pics of work done by the carpenter.

3. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

A.jpg B.jpg C.jpg

This is our modular kitchen plan. Is anything we are missing??? What about oil pull out. Whether it could be good to keep oil in cubboard since if its falling whole section will be spoiled. i am right??? is it cleaning process is easy??

Please guide me.

4. SudhaManimaran

SudhaManimaran Bronze IL'ite

Hi Bhuvi,

We have kept oilpullout in our kitchen.. we have kept that coz of space constraint...but we are not using that for keeping oils as i too had a similar doubt.. i have bought a sleek corner shelf and keeping all my oils and masala boxes on that and keeping in the slab itself.But oil pullouts are useful for us to keep small boxes and small plates and tumblers..so if u want u can keep and use for many other purposes..

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

bhuvana,

Your plan looks good. but do check out the magic corners. i find that the magic corners are not that great a hit do are the carousels, with our south indian cookers, dishes. the weight as well height. so after a point you start searching for places to keep your dishes.

this is what i did. i used that space and have installed planks. dividing the space. i have a big u shaped slab. we installed it that way paying extra because we thought we will need it. and my kitchen area was big enough.

so on both corners, though i could have installed a few more shelves/carousels, i used that area with planks. one side i have my groceries that i buy. i can keep all the flour tins (I have a few.) and the sambar powder, the provision that are in extra. this allows me to keep stock at home. and on the other end i have divided the space using a well treated plank so that i can store my 12 ltrs cooker, and other items without any qualms.

coming to the oil pull out i use one. the only tip i can give is you need to be careful. i have all my sauces, pickle, oil cans in the oil pull out. i pack them such a way they don't move or jostle and along with that my family has instructions that they should not open the oil pull out if they are in a hurry. i also keep a small canister of the two oils on a small rack that i have hung next to the stove. actually the rack was part of the oil pull out which had 3 racks. since i wanted to keep one litre cans, i removed one rack..have put that close to where i can keep small volumes of oil and sugar. let me see if i can take a picture sometime.

having modular kitchen is great, but maintenance is not easy. if you maintain the kitchen it works out great.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/b...cooking-cleaning-exercise-52.html#post2313399

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/b...cooking-cleaning-exercise-52.html#post2313414

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/b...ooking-cleaning-exercise-133.html#post2559443

1 person likes this.
  6. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Thanks shanvy for your feedback..

Already they have started the modular kitchen work . I am not going for oil pullout..

Let me check about magical door with that company..

I know the maintenance of the kitchen is tough.. But in next generation kitchen should be as modular kitchen na.. Dh planned next 30 years we wont change anything in this renovated home

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

unless a woodwork is made of pure teak, the life of the best woodwork is around 10-12 years only. so don't think 30 years and what is the cost of the kitchen bhuvana...

8. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Hi shanvy,

The cost of kitchen work is 2.1 lac. Greenply wood and glossy lamination material they are using.

Let me know your commrnts regarding these material

9. pvrashmi

pvrashmi New IL'ite

Hi All,

Could anyone of you please help me with some reference of good carpenters who has done modular kitchen and wardrobe work and charges reasonable rate?? :)

Regards
    Rashmi

10. Smitham84

Smitham84 Gold IL'ite

Hi Rashmi ,

I recently did the woodwork for my flat , and the carpenter did a very good job . the rates were very reasonable . I was so impressed with their punctuality and they completed the work within the duration they promised . .his name is Mr.Kumar . I am not sure if I can share the number in this post . Pls PM me if you like to have his number .