1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dilemma Regarding Elementary School

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by smrithys, Apr 24, 2019.

1. smrithys

smrithys Silver IL'ite

@nuss Thats nice..We changed her to a new school few weeks before. So, I think some kids will attend the same public school. I will try to get playdates with them. My DD does not mingle much in the class. i.e she will not initiate talks and prefers to play by herself.

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  2. smrithys

smrithys Silver IL'ite

Thanks @deepthyanoop, it was an interesting read

3. smrithys

smrithys Silver IL'ite

Yes @Mehana , thinking of enrolling in swimming classes this summer. Can you recommend other extra classes that can help with concentration issues?

4. smrithys

smrithys Silver IL'ite

Thank you @Srama. I looked at Montessori schools in my area and found 1 school that had elementary level (upto 12 years).

5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Happy to hear that.
    Please do pay attention to what other ILs have said - I am a teacher and I understand your concerns. Holistic development of child is very important and you are in the right direction, emotionally (seeing your OP) and taking the required step (checking various options). Very often, I find myself sighing in the classroom when I feel helpless as a teacher - but I don't give up. So far at least :) Remember you and the teacher are a team working for the growth of your child and all will be well! Best wishes.

smrithys likes this.
  6. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

If you go to your city hall website they have recreation and classes, under this page you can view all categories of classes with different age groups. Dependig on your kids interest you can try.

smrithys likes this.