1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dilemma- Leave Or Stay

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rosegarden, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Rosegarden

Rosegarden Bronze IL'ite

I told him many times about it, but he is not willing to. He thinks everything is fine. According to him-it is my fault that I am not over it. I am a working woman. I can be independent. But worried a lot about kids as they are attached to their father. I taught my kids to respect him and treat him as the family head. But I feel deep in my mind that I lost a chance to enjoy romantic or loving life. I feel pity for him also that by his actions he lost the love of a wife in deep way. It is my fate. Still I am not able to accept it. Why me is always the question. Before marriage we did all the inquiries. Every one have high opinion of him and his family. I think only me knows his double personality that came as a shock just after the marriage

2. Rosegarden

Rosegarden Bronze IL'ite

I have record of some of his activities. I was a fool that I didnt keep everything . Now I dont have a clue what is happening behind my back. May be nothing . May he is doing good. But not able to trust him 100%.

3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Op....you are financially independent. You hate his presence. You are more peaceful when he is not around. You are deeply hurting not just emotionally but it is also effecting you physically.

I feel you should try temporary separation.
    Talk to him. Tell him how you can not forgive and trust him and you are suffering. Let him know you want to see if separation is going to help you deal with the situation.

Tell him to find a place and move out for sometime.
    Talk to lawyers. You are not in India. You can get a divorce without much mud slinging. Tell him you do not want his reputation to be sullied so take a divorce on grounds of incompatibility.
    Divide assets equally,ask him to pay child support and help you with childcare.
    Once he is no longer your husband,you will forgive him .
    You can have your peace and he can do whatever gives him pleasure.

Sunshine04, NeetaR and Rosegarden like this.
  4. Rosegarden

Rosegarden Bronze IL'ite

As I said, I want to forget and forgive everything and love him. But sadly I cannot . I dont have any attraction, passion or anything a wife should have. He is really a handsome and attractive man. But I am not able to appreciate it. I feel bad for him also as everyone has only one life. I live in USA,I work here. I dont know how I manage everything alone as I have many health issues to manage. I feel I need peace of mind than anything to heal my mind and body. If I stay this way, I many end up in bad shape.

5. yellowmango

People's normal and sexual personalities can be different.
    What thrills and satisfies one person may not do anything for another.
    Your husband seems to have a different requirement and normal sexual life with a wedded partner may never satisfy him .

Sexual behavior that border on deviant are usually well hidden and are usually a secret . It is very unlikely to find out about this by general inquiries . There was not much you could have done about it.
    You both have very different personalities and very different moral compasses.

Sandycandy and Rosegarden like this.
  6. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Rose garden, thank you taking the time to reply to everyone here. You will have to go to a marriage/ family counselor . Alone not with your husband. The goal is to help you get over all the negative emotions for your well being.

From your replies it seems like not only is your husband a repeat offender but also does not think it is wrong . Plus the fact that he changes passwords implies that he continues to do what he did. He needs major intensive therapy. If not, I don’t see him changing at all. Remember Anthony wiener ? He put his political career and marriage at stake for this addiction.
    Even if you decide to stay make sure you have an exit plan. That involves, making your finances strong, collecting evidence, shortlisting divorce lawyers . And if you do decide make sure husband is the one to leave the house not you.
    Your husband may have had many happy endings but don’t you think your story deserves one true happy ending ?

Don’t worry about replying to my post. I see you have tons of replies typed.

NeetaR and Rosegarden like this.
  7. Rosegarden

Rosegarden Bronze IL'ite

YES, I think that way. I am worried about my parents and his parents and what I should tell them.
    I will loose money as I am financially doing better than him. I dont worry about money, but still. I take care of >60% expenses right now. So I dont know how this child support work.

I feel that I have been denied all chance to enjoy a married or family life. I treated everyone with love and respect. I did only good things..But suffering for no fault of me. Even when all these incidents happened I protected him and his families dignity. My parents are not aware of what is happening in my life. No one else. I dont want them to suffer in old age. Do I need to tell them about it. I told already my PILS about my life as they are really good people. They feel helpless and said they pray for me.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  8. yellowmango

Op....don't know what you can tell your parents.
    May be just tell them he cheated or that you both are incompatible.
    Don't be in a hurry to tell or even divorce. Take your time.
    Just separate physically first,then seperate emotionally.

You say he is otherwise nice.
    He also probably has no control over his behavior.
    If the fear of losing his family won't' make him stop ,then who knows how much is in his control.

You should try to do whatever you do amicably . Tell him you can't be his wife but once he stops being your husband,you could think of him as a friend and treat you like one.
    Let him know you will not take the children away from him because you want him in their life.You would want him to actively be there for them .

He should pay child support because he is the father although he won't pay alimony. I don't know about the laws there.
    Tell him you want him to be happy and free .

Op...you need not feel guilty. You can tell your in laws that you and your kids will be a part of their lives no matter what. Stay in touch and reassure them .
    Assure your parents that you are in control of your life and not much will change except that you will be living separately.

Secure your finances before you do anything or you have the separation talk with him .

NeetaR likes this.
  9. peoc

peoc Senior IL'ite

As people suggested, counseling is a good option. But the way I see it, he is just going to get better and better at hiding things from you. You should know that this sort of addiction will not go away. If I were you, I wouldn't believe anything he says. Because if he "Mr clean" then he shouldn't have any problems with you accessing his phone or emails. A clean slate would mean him trying extra hard to gain back your trust. Not hide things

Rosegarden and NeetaR like this.
  10. happydheivanai

happydheivanai Silver IL'ite

I go with peoc...this situation is not good for u as well as ur kid..just move out of him and b happy.

Rosegarden likes this.