Designer saree at bangalore

Discussion in 'Bangalore' started by ar.rekha, Feb 10, 2009.

1. ar.rekha

ar.rekha New IL'ite

Hello friends,

can any one guide for good designer saree with afforadable price and good collection in bangalore.

i have my marriage want to buy saree and for my fmaily members kindly let me known

2. hemchi

hemchi Silver IL'ite

Hi Rekha,

Congratulations for your marriage!
    You get good designer sarees in most of the places these days in Bangalore. Try Deepam silks/Nalli/Vijayalakshmi/Kalamandir. I've heard Chickpet is good for wholesale shopping. Since its a wholesale market, you get a good collection as well and for affordable prices.
    Let's see what others have to share here.

Regards,
    Hema

3. rmalathi

rmalathi Senior IL'ite

Dear Rekha,
    Congratulation!! for your Wedding.

You could try Chickpet; rates are quite reasonable and there are many shops and you will find variety.

Good luck with your purchasing..

4. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Rekha ,

Chickpet is a safe bet.. Shops like, Sudarshan, Samskruti and Alagar Silks have neat collection !! I had been there just two weeks back..

Infact I had bought my reception saree from Samskruti ( which is diagnly opposite to Kuberan ) Affordable .. !

I wouldnt suggest Kuberan because they have a very lousy staff who value only those customers who buy for more than 10K.. Else they treat you like ****.. Very Very Bad attitude from those staff ! Very Impatient too.. !! Disgusting fellos !

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  5. KalyaniBhaskar

KalyaniBhaskar Bronze IL'ite

Congratulations Rakha and wish you a happy married life.

For such big occassions, Chickpet is the best. Maruthi Hall and Sudarshan are really Good. These are reliable as I know.

6. nags

nags Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Janaradhan Silks is also very nice, somewhere near corporation. They have very good collection.
    I usually get from Chickpet which is quite affrodable. Sri Vaaru is also very good. But be careful of quality of saaress, you can easily be cheated here.
    I agree with Preethi about Kuberan Silks, lousy saarees too. The quality is very bad. My sisters saaree started bleeding on her first wear itself, it was one which she took for my wedding.
    Many shops cheat you easily in Chickpet, better accompany who can judge the quality and have been regular to shops.

7. anbusangeeth

anbusangeeth New IL'ite

thanks reka, i hv informed this to my husband (business tour to Bangalore). He has selected the saree within 5 min in vijayalakshmi. Saree is very nice and new model. he informed all the saree they shown are very nice.