1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Decided

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Sangeeta85, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

That's the spirit! 2 words - you can

Sangeeta85 likes this.
  2. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

Doesn’t your inlaws ask u to come.
    What do I say if they do?

3. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

Thank you... I really want for myself so bad .. my life ,my house is getting disturbed for all this..

4. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

OP,

If your husband understands and supports you, you would be able to express your self clearly to your in-laws and get away easily. If not, you should be tactful and firm/assertive. That means, all your statements should convey the right messages without being politically wrong or offensive. Though I haven't mastered this art, I know how some people convey effectively. One such person I know personally talks very sweetly showing a lot of love and concern. Her voice remains well modulated and her smile never leaves her. She says what she has to and will not allow a bargain/discussion on that. It is a great art! The opposite person boils inside but has nothing to ham about.;)

Keep your voice and words under control, don't bring up past or give lame excuses. Sometimes stating real facts without giving into emotions works. Later if they try to bring up the matter with your hubby, they will not have any real negative things to say about you. At the most, they may whimper that you were uncaring or you have changed. Your husband may not lose his cool over it.

shravs3 and Sangeeta85 like this.
  5. VinuthaS

VinuthaS Silver IL'ite

That is why i visit them with hubby first .. just after 1 day stop at my mom's place, than what ever they say hubby also says she us spent time there , now it's her moms turn

6. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

Husband is not going to come ,this time since he is fed up too every time she has something to say and if Fil or mil taunt or talk rude then I come and fight with my husband so he doesn’t want to come..
    I can’t this time to even talk to them I might just bcz I m scared but to over come that I have to speak back

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  7. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Since your husband acknowledges, line is clear. Be bold and express yourself. Use the tact, don't insult them (as they are his parents) but clear the air. All the best.

nakshatra1 and Sangeeta85 like this.
  8. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

Even generally , dont paediatrician ever talk one on one with parents in absence of the kid ?

9. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

Yes that a human can understand not my mil and Fil.. and on top my son will say right on their face no I want to sleep with grand parents..

10. GlobetrotterG

GlobetrotterG Silver IL'ite

Did you complete your trip to india? Do let us know how you managed?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My blog : www.quora.com/profile/Rekha-K-75