Dear Friends please guide me to take care of fishes

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by vivbass, Sep 4, 2009.

1. hemadurga

hemadurga Bronze IL'ite

hey the photos are nice....

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2009
  2. chaitanya01

chaitanya01 Senior IL'ite

Dear friend.

even i have a big fish bowl and my gold fish died the next day when i got it to my house :-(, but my dad told me to get one more immediatly bcoz the other gold fish may feel alonely so went immediatly to shop and purchased one gold fish and now they got a pair and too my surprise they both have survived.

as per my aquariam shop guy, he told me to feed once in a day with 2seeds for each fish. i.e. if you have 4 fishes you need to feed 8 seeds.

i change the water for every 20 days and when i clean the bowl i will keep in mind that i will use atleast one cup on old aquarim water in it, this will help the fishes to feel that they are in their own house.

sometime i color the water to blue, red and yellow, this will really help the fishes and me to see a change on the fish bowl,

i dont use any filter for my fish bowl, i just use oxygen thats it.

and one more thing i will not switch on the oxygen for 24hrs. i will only allow it for 8 to 10 hrs in the nite.

touch wood, upto now none of my fishes died.

3. couponspot

couponspot New IL'ite

two small tea spoon food is more than enough for 5-8 fishes. give this diet twice a day. every fortnight u should take out fishes from aquarium to other fresh water and then clean it completly. afterwards u could transfer back fishes to aquarium.

4. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Friends

Even my auarium wala asked me to feed fish three times a day ( early morning afternoon and evening ) but 20 - 30 seeds, yes, i mean it .............in that 30 seeds only two fishes ( white gold but it will look in pink colour with big eyes) will eat entire fud, 2- shark fishes , they are not eating at all, very very rarely they will eat 1 or 2 seeds once in 5 days......iam :-(

And, these tow pink fishes, they will ask me for food very often or whenever they see me or my hubby......( those who have fish tank will surely know this, they will come near our side and ask for fud)........i sometimes feel bad to feed them all the time since that may affect their stomach, but pavama erukum i feel pity for them and feed them

once i went to exhibition in VALLLUVAR KOTTAM , its a PET AND BIRDS SHOW , so there were lot of Auqarium stalls also........they have all things related to fish like fish tank in diff sizes and ranges, fish food, fish medicines, tank decorative items etc etc......they told me IF THE FISH WANT TO EAT THE ENTIRE TIN OF FOOD IN 3 DAYS , JUST FEED THEM, NOTHING WRONG ...............iam :idontgetit::confused2:

5. shimjamun

shimjamun Junior IL'ite

Hi All:hiya,

Happy to see this Forum for our pets. I have aquarium in my home. I have few queries. Hope you ppl will clear my doubts:)

1. My gold fishes are not that much bright. It became pale in color. When I bought, it was so bright like dark gold. nice white. Even my blak gold became pale :(:idea

2.I love angel fishes but the thing is none of angel fish is surviving in my home. it is nt even surviving for 1 day.

Awaiting your valuable replies and suggestions.:bowdown

Cheers
    Rekha :thumbsup

6. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

Dear all,
    my friends are in hale & healthy touch wood.
    reg.angel fish there should be more numbers,because i have only 2 angels,one is very rough type:rantit always chase other fishes it even bite others fins,eyes,so there should be atlest 3-4 angel,i got this info from google. if you need some care tips or any info go to google:thumbsup take care of your friends.

reg.goldie,you should watch regurarly,because it'll eat more food,so the fish colour will change.
    for me also the same thing happened,it died in 2 days:-( please be careful

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010