1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Cure for Akki Skin Disease

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by charmingpooh, Jul 13, 2009.

1. charmingpooh

charmingpooh Bronze IL'ite

Hi All

My father is suffering from Akki(Skin disease) in his leg.We checked with Doctoer and having treatment. Pls advise us any home remedies or any good treatment.

Many Thanks
    poornima

2. anandivaradan18

anandivaradan18 New IL'ite

Hi,

I had the same problem in my hip portion and experienced terrible pain . I had been to alopathic doctor and she had given me some medicines and also i applied something like lakto calamine not exactly that -- something similar to that and which should be applied on that akki three , four times a day. It should be kept visible and should not be covered by our clothes. I have heard some elders advice, that we should approach a pot maker , kuyavan , who applies his wet mud on that which can be cured that way. But to be frank , i didnt go for such treatment and all . Allopathic medicines will cure safely. no worry.

regards,
    anandi:)

3. ctc98

ctc98 New IL'ite

Hi.,

I had this AKKI Disease and I wish to submit the facts about this disease:

Initially I had some sorty of pain in left arm and left chest ribs upper portion, so i had consulted a general physician and he had given me tablets and told to apply some ointment and he had advised me that this must be due to arm muscles must have got affected, after 2 days i had seen 20 to 30 small small syst ( katti ) appearing above my skin portion, particularly in my left upper arm, just below my shoulders, upper left side of my chest ribs, backside of my chest upper portion only. So again i had approached the same allopathi doctor who had advised me that i had got AKKI Disease and he had presribed me with RIBAVIN anti viral tablets, FLENZEN tablet, and IMOL pain Killer along with an ointment called CALAK Lotion and he had advised me that this is some sort of Chicken Pox Virus which had affected me. I started taking these pills and applied the lotion, but this lotion once applied it became like some sort of heavy gum or paste applied on the skin and it did not get away from my skin it got stuck to my skin very strongly.

In the mean time my house elders and relatives told me that i should be taken to a mud pot making person ( Kuyavan ) and on approaching her, she had applied some sort of red color mud applied on the portion of the skin where this akki disease was there and almost 2 - 3 days we had applied this mud on my skin and after 3 days she gave me some sort of thick paste which needs to be applied for 1 day and after that she told me take head oil bath. But to be honest i will tell this mud treatment is of no use and please never ever do these type of treatment which in fact had worsened the disease.

Later I ahd again gone to the same allopathic doctor and and he had found that i had applied this mud and he advised me that i should have continued in taking the tablets and continued the mud treatment, and he advised me that i should continue taking the tablet RIBAVIN and other tablets along with applying the CALAK lotion, and i continued for almost 10 - 12 days and I ahd found dark color spots appearing on the sking where ever this AKKI disease was there.

Few other known people of mine advised me that I should approach a dermatologist ( skin doctor ) I should thank god for approaching the skin docotor because this disease is exactly related to skin only and after consultation the skin doctor prescribed me to take PHEXIN along with an ointment called SILVEREX and he told me stop the allopathic doctor prescribed tablets, to be very frank once i had taken these tablets and applied the ointment prescribed by the skin doctor with 5 - 7 days i could see a lot of improvements in my body.

Since I had directly suffered from this AKKI disease let me give you the exact duration of this disease it will take minimum 20 days for the wounds to get healed and from there it will take one full month to completely get cured. So, totally you can take this disease duration is approximately 2 months.

Do not wear clothes atleast for the first 15 days - 20 days where the AKKI disease is present. Consume more of Tender nut Water ( Coconut Water ), Moosambi Juice, Vitamin C rich foods.

Thanks & Warm Regards,

Chidambaram CT

4. senma

senma New IL'ite

Hi chidambaram........many many thanks for these details..
    Also could you please advice if this will get cured soon if its in th ehealing stage.
    will it spread throughout the entire area?
    I have got it in my thighs and am scared.........I am also feeding my 3 month baby now and scared very much..please share some advice from ur experiance to help me recover from this disease soon

5. LekhaThanigai

LekhaThanigai New IL'ite

Dear Friends,
    I too had akki disease in July 2009. i went to pot maker for three times and they applied mud on my face then i got relieved from pain like burning and cured. so dont worry to follow this treatment. This is my hands on experience. After three days i used NEKO skin care soap. Now i dont have any marks on face. My humble request dont use creams or ointments(alopathy). It makes very worst to akki disease. i suffered that pain because of ointments.
    if possible go to skin doctor after application of mud for three times. This akki disease comes to persons who have pitta dosha and people get this akki disease mostly in july and august because of change of season.

6. nirmalnathan

nirmalnathan New IL'ite

Can you please let me know where I can get treatment for this disease ?
    The address of the pot makers or the contact details will help me
    Thanks in advance.

7. Ganthimathi

Ganthimathi Gold IL'ite

Akki is caused by a Virus something similar to Chickenpox virus. Usually it affects any one particular nerve only and multiple small vesicles appear over the skin supplied by that nerve. Rarely in some immune deficiency status it affects more than one nerve root.

It dries up in 7-10days time. Some elderly people might continue have severe pain sensation over the affected skin area for few more weeks. Taking anit viral tablets, pain killer and applying Lacto calamine (or equivalent) is the right treatment.

Even if you don't apply mud from Kuyavan it will dry on its own. But applying mud might break the vesicle and the skin will get infected (infection from the mud).

ctc98 - coz of infection the dermatologist would have given Phexin and Siverex. otherwise Ribavin etc given to you earlier was correct.

8. rshan

rshan New IL'ite

I too suffered from it at an early age. I remember it because of the pain I went through at that time. Sleepless nights and gruesome pain! I will never forget it.

Like any other viral infection, there is no cure for this disease too! If someone says they will cure you, remember there is no cure for any viral infection. All that the doctors can do is to help lessen the pain and make it more bearable until your body generates its own anti-bodies. For most people this could be 7 days. And it could go up to two months even if you are not particularly healthy to fight the virus.

I fought for more than 20 days if I recollect right. I was an adolescent at that time and very shy to show where I had these akkis. It took almost ten days before I even spoke about it outside. By then, it was in full force. At last I showed it to the doctor (not even to my mom!) and she gave me a blue ointment which I applied.

When I showed to my mom who was updated by the doctor, the next day, she promptly pushed me to a person who applied red sand all over the place and on my back. There was even a person who said verses to cure the illness.

Whatever it might be, I had my pain and no body to share it nor reduce it.

BTW, I was really searching for the English word for Akki when I hit upon this forum. Can any one update me on that please? Is it Shingles or herpes? What is it?

9. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

AKKI is different types which is called as Cyst, Lumps Bumps.

when it comes on the first day itself Turmeric and washing shop mix together and apply this will rapture the cyst.

Taking antibiotic like Cephalexin is best way to control this.

10. bhavithran

bhavithran New IL'ite

hey My Mother suffered from akki disease more than a week
    she get more pain on her head sevearly
    i dont know what i should i do
    please help me to releave this disease from my mother
    what oinments should apply for this disease to reduce the burning