1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Cup Of Life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by creativemind23, Jul 3, 2016.

1. creativemind23

creativemind23 Silver IL'ite

A good cup of tea is what I want every day, every evening at the same time. Today as I looked at my piping hot tea sitting in my emerald green cup, I thought it was like life. I am not wanting to be philosophical. Just a sip for my thoughts!

With every sip I take, I relate it to the moments in the day. Sometimes the tea is hotter than what I want it to be, just like things that go wrong in the day, like milk boiled over the stove or a flat tire while driving to work, or just anything that you dint want to happen, but it still did.

Somedays the tea is so perfect, boiled just right, temperature, sweetness....everything just the way I like it. So some days are perfect too. Turns out you are able to do more than what you expected to. And you relish it, just like the tea.

There are other times while I forget to add the sugar, absentmindedly...like keeping the car keys somewhere and not being able to find it just before heading out. There are times I am closing my eyes before I sip ,my tea, hoping it will not be bitter or worse, salty. I am always thinking randomly while I make my tea, so chances of absurdity are high!

Nevertheless, every day it is I who make my cup of tea, It's me who is leading my life, adding bits of sugar, cinnamon and ginger to it. It's the same blend everyday, just like the same grind everyday, but still I need both my cup of tea, as well as the day to go on...even if the tea does not taste the same every day, every day brings a different taste to it!

2. Itsmylife143

Itsmylife143 Platinum IL'ite

Well blended tea with daily life!! Your snippets are interesting!! keep up coming!!

3. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Dear creativemind,

I love my tea too. Either Darjeeling or green tea. Without sugar or milk or cinnamon or whatever. It's pretty much the same flavour everyday. Yet each day I live appears to be different from each other. I suppose it is the right flavoured tea that adds variey to my otherwise banal existence.

I wonder what will happen to my days if the flavour of the tea were to fluctuate. Probably nothing. I need to experiment and find out if anything matters in life at all.

Yet, like you, I do enjoy my tea, especially the cups I reserve for my mornings.

oj

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  4. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear creativemind,

My new craze is the green tea, one which comes in many flavours and tastes heavenly minus the milk and sugar. Ginger, peppermint, tulasi- the flavours are countless,enticing and energizing. Thanks for those inspiring words on ordinary tea!

Agatha83

shobhamma and creativemind23 like this.
  5. creativemind23

Thank you itsmylife. Thats really encouraging

Itsmylife143 likes this.
  6. creativemind23

wow! sounds interesting. Glad you liked my post.

7. creativemind23

Thats nice. Flavours of tea fluctuating just like the events in a day!

8. shobhamma

shobhamma Gold IL'ite

I love my tea too, but dont like to make it now. While my husband was working, I made it . Now that he is retired HE makes a lovely cuppa! I like Pia ki Chia!

9. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

I like tea too.

10. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Lovely snippet Creativemind :) I love coffee and I love tea (too)! man! that reminds me of the game I used to play when young where you choose your team by reciting "I like coffee, I like tea, I want Shailu to play with me!" :) :)

Your post reminded me of something I wrote ages ago on my addiction to coffee/tea.

Thanks for such a lovely refreshing post. Have a great day!

padma0604 likes this.