1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

creative activities for 1st grader ?

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by icecoolbabe, Nov 13, 2010.

1. icecoolbabe

icecoolbabe New IL'ite

What kind of activities and games do u play with ur child ? I want some creative and educative ideas to keep my 6 year old engaged . I dont expose her to video games or TV . She has lost interest in her toys . Now that the weather is turning cold, I have to keep her occupied at home.
    I will be happy if you can share with me what has worked for you .

2. kmalathy

kmalathy New IL'ite

You could buy puzzles such as big floor puzzles,puzzles with pictures on board that matches the pieces,knobbed puzzles etc. Lot of board games such as Alphabet bingo,number bingo are educative and at the same time are considered as fun activity by children.Home made play dough (recepie available online) and dish soap bubbles are very economical entertainments. you could download stories and songs meant for children from various websites.

3. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

there are so many creative activities for 6 year old. u can paste a big picture in a chart, cut into a small pieces and ask them to arrange.

Give a map and you name the place and they have to find it in the specified time.

You tell a word from the ending letter they have to coin new word.. and it goes on. This one, i usually play with my son when we are going on for tour. He likes it very much

andal

4. icecoolbabe

icecoolbabe New IL'ite

Thanks malathy and Swathi for ur replies.
    It has been ages since she played with puzzles. Will reintroduce them again. The maps sound like a very good idea.. Will try that .
    She is also interested in story telling and pretend play. I am thinking of some ideas where in i can nurture her theatrical skills, Any games around this concept ??