1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Counting my countless blessings!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Chitvish, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

you are late?? I post only on alternate mondays giving you all enough & more time to, chew, digest & reply!:)
    I have reached the introspective stage of my life. Don' ask me, why I do this. Some days, I get into such moods, thats all!!
    I am at the end of my journey; you are hardly half way through, Shan!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. Chitvish

to make ourselves happy. Instead of searching for happiness outside, if we realise that it is 'inside' us,we are on the right path.
    Thanks for coming here.
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Mami,

Same pinch...

Now don't tell me everything you say & I reply back saying I too am like that. Honestly till marriage I had the habit of collecting quotes and I used to collect from Wisdom book a lot. After marriage really don't know what happened to this lovely habit....:rant

4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

I am with you on this that we cannot teach but how we react etc....I guess I am more conscious of this feeling because we as such come from nuclear families, I do not have a MIL or parents and my FIL is pretty much a happy self contended individual and us siblings (from both sides) are spread out far and wide! I honestly miss having an older woman (with all reverence) in the family. Believe me I would have loved to be in a big joint family and I am constantly working hard to create that kind of environment with friends and all the people I can connect to, citing some/any family connection.

Maami I agree with you 100% and sometimes wonder if my kids are missing something in life....that is all.

Self discipline and self cultivated.....you see 'self' is the problem right now but I am getting there one step at a time!

5. dblakshmi

dblakshmi Junior IL'ite

dear madam,
    count the blessings one by one- good old song we recited n chorus in our class when we were small without knowing the meaning. i m very happy to print a feedback because i am neither old enough or wise enough to wish u. you are an inspiration. you rock!
    one small request pls. continue ur blogs.

6. Chitvish

do get deeply ingrained in our minds! Another one liner, I love is
    Thy will be done!!
    Wht is that, but accepting His will??!!
    Thanks for your sweet words, Lakshmi!
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Priesh

Priesh Platinum IL'ite

Hi chitra amma,
    You are a great person. read yours and learnt to accept loneliness. my hubby too not expressive in nature only with me.
    bow down for this.
    change what you can
    accept what you cant

you are gift for us.

Priya Lokesh

8. Chitvish

I have gone through enough & more frustrations as a newly married,with a non-communicative spouse. That was when I realised, it was futile to expect him to change for me!!:hide:
    In my case also, he is most non-communicative (only) with me! I started keeping & enjoying my own company!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. manchitra

manchitra Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra mam,
    This post has certainly touched a chord. I got totally absorbed in your narration.I know it has flowed directly from the heart. I like you mam. I agree with what you say about relationships. We have no control on certain situations and on others so accept them. i pray to God to shower his blessing on you and your family.

10. Chitvish

loving than lovely 7 I like it that way!!
    But, by the time, we accept certain things in life, half our life is over!!
    Thanks & love,
    Chithra.