1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Counting my countless blessings!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Chitvish, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Mami,

Now I know the secret behind MY IDOL.

As usual a wonderful blog mami....yes your amma looks very charming at this age too...The way you have been handlind all the fbs and your forum shows how methodical and perfect you are.. I was telling one of our friends that if we follow your recipes even a person who has not entered the kitchen can cook wonderfully...

Every person who enters our life is a tutor in a way..we learn a lot from them positively & negatively too.. atleast we learn not to be like the other if the vibrations are negative.

This rules holds good even today..whether it is office or home.

I have only one prayer for you mami... that let the almighty bless you with good health and you share your rich experiences with us.

We still need to learn from you a lot...when we can come near to you I am still not sure..but hope to make you proud of us one day atleast.

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

with others in calling you so!:)
    Please, it is embarassing to be 'praised'! I am just an elderly housewife like Ms X or Ms Y! I can only think of Gray's elegy
    Full many a flower is born to blush unseen and waste its sweetness on the desert air!
    It holds good for many, many women with much more talents!! IL gave me a platform, which is a Godsend to me!! Nothing more, nothing less!
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. Chitvish

frankly! On reading all your FBs, I feel guilty of having 'projected' myself as an idol!!:biggrin2:
    Not at all!!Vedanta gave a fresh lease of life to my thoughts!! I am thankful to my guru.
    My aim for excellence & perfection, I know, causes frustration in me, at times, but that is where 'acceptance' of people & situations helps me!~!
    Loved your praises, being very human!!:-D
    Love,
    Chithra

4. Sheebavinod

Sheebavinod Gold IL'ite

Dear Chitramma, Let me cal you like this :), excellent blog in simple words.The quotes used in the write up is so simple but very hard to follow and whoever does master it, for sure will never fail in life.
    I have joted it down and will make sure I remember it always and practice so that it helps me in making myself a better human being.

Cheers
    Sheeba

5. Chitvish

you something. From my schooldays, I have had the habit of writing down my favourite quotes. Believe me, I will go through them everyday 'lovingly"!:-D
    Somewhere they start striking a chord in your thoughts! That is how I made
    The best is yet to be!
    my personal motto!
    An ever-lasting favorite quote of mine is
    The heights by great men reached and kept
    Were not attained by sudden flight.
    But, they, while their companions slept
    Were toiling upwards in the night!
    Now, don't laugh - I can write a blog on my quotes collection!:biggrin2:. Not all are followed,ofcourse!
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    Like someone has mentioned already, wish you could write everyday...it is a breath of fresh air! And what a variety....so u r introspecting here is it? Definetely we all should take time now and then to count our blessings...that will lead us forward with more enthusiasm and motivation na?!!

Very lovely thoughts on your relationships with hubby, daughter and dil....and not to mention your mom....
    I still keep wondering and worrying if i am bringing up or have brought up my daughter well enough! Its so difficult to draw a line between being strict and disciplined....and trying not to be harsh while still trying to maintain that balance to make her understand the advantages of being disciplined...tough job!
    But reading this blog helps in bringing some perspective to these important aspects of life.....
    thanks once again, and keep blogging!:thumbsup

7. Chitvish

that you visit IL, not regularly, though late, but with latest comments!
    We rarely get into the introspective mood, knowing ourselves, our trespasses!! But I have carefully introspected only the pleasant side of my life!!
    Knowing Rosh, atleast a wee bit, I am sure,you have no cause for concern!!
    Just remember, as Gibran says, she has only come through you & not from you!!
    Yes, Sudha Madam, I will obey your orders & keep blogging!:biggrin2:
    love,
    Chithra.

8. monifa13

monifa13 Bronze IL'ite

My Dear Sister
    I can't believe this! This Thomas Gray's Elegy has been one of my favourites...
    'Full many a gem of purest ray serene
    The dark unfathom'd caves of ocean bear
    Full many a flower is born to blush unseen
    And waste it's sweetness in the desert air'.
    Today I am happy to hear these lines from you in a perfect context. But you have done your bit very well and that's the reason we all admire you so much...
    monifa13

9. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Dear chithra mami,
    Today's blog has been a real boost for me on my not so good day.I am trying imbibe all the points from this blog.i miss your blogs on alternate mondays.how about writing quotes on those days.I know i am asking too much.:)..here i go to re-read again..

10. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    A divine soul like yours will surely have countless blessings. Your divinity lies in sharing it with all and yet maintain a pedestal.
    In the university of life, we learn from all &enrich our life with our experiences.
    I must admit like all IL ladies you are my model too.
    Jaya