1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Counselling For The Divorce Prone!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Iravati
    I was just telling you in my previous post about the romantic styles of my age group. You have mentioned a few stars of today to validate your point. I belong to the Raj Kapoor and Nargis days when romancing was a life long process. They became an icon of what love was all about and what it should be. They became so famous as a pair that Raj Kapoor adopted a love scene of one of his films with Nargis as the logo of his productions:
    upload_2017-4-12_14-13-6.jpeg
    Then we had Madumathi in which Dilip Kumar and Vyjayanthimala were in love for three consecutive lives!
    Sri

2. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya sir,
    Enjoying interaction between you and Iravati a LOT. Continue with it.
    If one meets his/her lover after 50 years.....wouldn't he/she think " Is she/he the same person I fell in love!!!!!" And thank their stars for not marrying the lover. Dream girls and boys would always be young, charming, handsome and what not. Their imaginery picture would be more beautiful than reality!
    Syamala

3. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Ooo! Half a century can tickle even the once horribly stinging jilt.

Good or Bad, living conditions have changed which in turn have adapted society to accept 'alternative' lifestyle to the conventional domesticity. As Aziz Ansari, in his observational humour tone, puts in Modern Romance:

Today we’ve become far more accepting of alternative lifestyles, and people move in and out of different situations: single with roommates, single and solo, single with partner, married, divorced, divorced and living with an iguana, remarried with iguana, then divorced with seven iguanas because your iguana obsession ruined your relationship, and, finally, single with six iguanas.”

I don't know how the ignuanas are coping with human partners who drop towels on the floor and forget anniversaries. Married, divorced, single ...no one seems to care much these days in progressive societies. Only the nosy aunties who are glued to Ekta Kapoor serials gossip about the martial status. But in open-minded societies, I'm amused that no one really bothers.

Even in India I'm amazed how sympathetic and encouraging people are about forging 'meaningful' relationships. People are no longer stuck in bad or dull marriages for societal conformity. I am very proud of the India I visit now (atleast in my circle) to the India I left behind (which at that time I felt was very progressive in itself). I might be away with the fairies but in a Hegelian wave we are propelling ourselves to give importance to an efficient and harmonious bond between two people rather than enshrining a chit of documented paper and fear of society.

Ahem, where are we, I got carried away in a wavelet. Are we done with Kamal Hassan?

Cheeniya, I'm writing in a light-hearted manner, if anything looks suspiciously serious, telling you, not a fleck of second thought should be given to such misplaced seriousness.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  4. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Holu! I have a tract to write on this observation
    Wait ..later.

5. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

I wish there were 56 hours in a day to spend 24 hours exclusively on your blog.
    So much to say, so less time to say.

Catch you later.

6. Cheeniya

@shyamala1234

Our wives/husbands age as much as our past loves but there is a difference. When we meet our lover of over 50 years back, the physical changes in him/her shock us and make us roll on the floor. But in the case of a couple, the physical changes are hardly noticed since they age together unnoticed! My wife today looks no different from when I married her 50 years back. It is like one visiting his native place after 50 years during which time a lot of changes might have taken place in the village!
    Sri

7. Cheeniya

@Iravati

Lighthearted is gross understatement. I don't laugh out aloud as a rule but when I grin ear to ear as while reading you it is a sign of how much I am enjoying it all! Now Syamala tells us that she is enjoying it too. By the way, do you know that Azis Ansari belongs to Tamilnadu? No wonder humour is in his genes!
    Sri

8. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

That's an iconic and reckless still! Recall, Barsaat was certified "U/A" by the Censor Board.

You might wonder, why would a film with a still depicting a guy holding a violin in one hand and precariously balancing his girl on the other arm declared unsuitable for young adults.

May be the Censor Board condemned such bold stunt, may be the Feminists were slighted that a woman deserved both arms, may be the Ministry of Music criticized subordination of a violin to the viles of a woman, or the Chiropractors warned such pose would herniate spinal disc, or the Meteorologists complained there wasn't enough rain in the movie. Who ever was responsible, they managed to make the movie slightly more risque than it was intended.

They took third time is a charm to dangerous levels or got bored of playing hide and seek.
    Either way, I am leery of lovers who cannot make up their mind if they want to stay together or not. Jeez, grow up! Surely, there must be some quota on how many times one is allowed to fall in love with the same person.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  9. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Cheeniya and I overlooked this aspect in our excitement.

You are spot-on! Permanence of conduct and temperament aside, will the crushes and amar prems stand the test of time against decaying faces and bulging hips?

Would the jilted lovers be titillated today by shadows of the former selves and their bygone reshmi hair, gulabi cheeks and cinched waist that inflicted sleepless nights?

In half a century time, if any devadas still hasn't moved on in life, then their friends should promptly arrange a clandestine date with his Dulcinea in her au naturel form. No make-up and botox. Let's see if the devdas still pines away for his foremost ladylove. The scales will fall off from eyes.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  10. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Cheeniya, I see a glint in your eye on the success of your fellow cityman. Aziz Ansari is funny! I like his comedy. He is a natural! When I read his below guidelines, I extrapolated the rules to be applied to general feedbacks in IL, having stripped of their romantic connotations.

While texting,
    1. Don’t text back right away. You come off like a loser who has nothing going on.
    2. If you write to someone, don’t text them again until you hear from them.
    3. The amount of text you write should be of a similar length to what the other person has written to you.
    4. Carrying this through, if your messages are in blue and the other person’s messages are green, if there is ton more blue than green in your conversation, this person doesn’t give a damn about you.
    5. The person who receives the last message in a convo WINS!”
    While commenting,
    1. Don't comment right away. You come off like a wastrel who has nothing going on.
    2. If you write to someone, don’t comment again until your post is “liked”, you are “mentioned”, and you are “quoted”. All steps in order.
    3. The amount of feedback you write should be of a similar length to what the other person has written to you. Only exception: If they say “Thank you”. You say, “Thank you too”.
    4. Carrying this through, if your comments are in blue and the other person’s messages are green, if there is ton more blue than green in your conversation, this person has no clue what you are blabbering about. Shut up and walk away.
    5. The person who writes the last unacknowledged comment should edit his comment before the edit window closes out and replace with,“Duplicate” to avoid humiliation following no reciprocation of their labour.

Wonder how many of my extrapolated rules were followed in this thread. I shall measure the length of your feedbacks from now. :rolleyes: