cosmetics during pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by swekiran, Dec 20, 2011.

1. swekiran

swekiran Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    I am 4 months pregnant now, and going to celebrate my seemantham next month.
    I have some doubts as I heard somewhere that bleach during pregnancy is harmful.i have 3 doubts
    1.can a facial be done?
    2.can i apply black mehendhi ?
    3.can i use hair removing cream?
    and also can we use make up products and are there any brands which are safe to use during pregnancy...........
    pls help................
    thanks a ton in advance......:bowdown

2. Chandrika82

Chandrika82 Silver IL'ite

Yes you can, to facial & hair removing cream. Dont know about black Mehendi
    But whatever you do, make sure you go for a reputed brand, and not local, cheap ones.

I use make up products from brands like Estee Lauder, Clinique etc. Havent faced any problems so far, nearing my 8th month.

1 person likes this.
  3. bukbuk

bukbuk Silver IL'ite

Regarding bleach: common knowledge is that it does have strong chemicals, which can penetrate through your skin and be absorbed by the blood and cause harm to the baby. Although realistically chances are very less, however, why would you like to subject your baby even to minimalist of risks?

If I were you would try to avoid strong chemicals and cosmetics on my skin and use only those products based on naturals. Essentials is a brand that uses absolutely no chemicals and just natural extracts.

1 person likes this.