cosmetics and face packs during pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by joynari, Oct 20, 2010.

1. joynari

joynari Senior IL'ite

Hai every one,

I am 13 weeks pregnant now. and i have a doubt . can we use any face creams related to acne during pregnancy? and also would like to know about the face packs bought from india .can i use the face packs during pregnancy? please suggest me....

2. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Jyothi
    congradulations on ur pregnancy
    I guess u can use any creams or lotions for ur skin as long as u dont use any medication internally...like taking a pill to cure ur acne
    i too have dandruff problem and was continuously using shampoos and lotions on my hair and skin (ofcourse with the consultation of the dermatologist) during my pregnancy(till the last month of pregnancy) and absolutely had no problems and my DD also has no problem

Better to also take suggstions from ur skin docto

3. joynari

joynari Senior IL'ite

Dear Swaran,

Thanks for ur Reply. yaaa i will take the suggeations from the dermotologist. thanks a lot.

4. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

Hi Jyo,

Congrats on ur pregnancy.

What swaran told is right, u can use any kind cosmetics on ur face until unles nothing is internally taken. Be sure even when u r applying lip gloss or any kind of shampoo dont swallow it. If by mistake during head bath u feel like some shampoo u have taken in, drink lots of water.