Corporal Punishment in Kerala?

Discussion in 'Kerala' started by kavithan96, Oct 21, 2009.

1. kavithan96

kavithan96 New IL'ite

Most of the schools in Kerala,Thrissur also,countinue in giving corporal punishment to students.Is it right in the modern teaching methods?
    Share your views and experiences.I am against the corporal punishments.
    I remember my school days in fear and the scar of caning on thigh is still there.

2. boondh

boondh New IL'ite

hi... thank you for putting this on discussion....
    me too agree with ur opinion....and am wondering that why teachers cant understand the feelings of innocent children!!!!!!!!! cant they see them as their own daughter or son?they too are mothers, fathers, brothers or sisters right? why cant they think about their own childhood? how did they behave? they are teachers..the moulders of the new generation...then how the next generation will be?cant they imagine at least?:drowning

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2009
  3. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

Not only Kerala.

It is happening every where in India.

Bcause,laws and parental awareness are not that strong to curb it.

And children are soft targets for frustrated teachers to vent out their anger.

4. manchitra

manchitra Senior IL'ite

Hi
    Corporal punishment is happening every where. I feel when teachers do not know how to tackle the situation they give this punishment.Many say There is no harm in using the stick, but this punishment was banned long ago but nobody follows any rules and poor little children suffer.I feel teachers should not give C. punishment as it creates scars in the mind of the child. Many a time we have heard children taking revenge against the teachers. Violence will breed only violence. Some of the teachers are in that profession not because it a passion for them .

thank you for starting the thread.