1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Conversation with the Lord II

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

This is actually sequel of the “Conversation with the Lord” written on August 28, 2014. For the benefit of the readers, I am attaching the link here: http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/260216-conversation-with-the-lord.html

Having introduced myself to the Lord a day before Ganesh Chathurthi last year, this year I decided to enter into another conversation with the Lord Ganesha to ask Him the rationale for certain human behavior, the Lord's own appearance and the significance of what human beings offer to the Lord. Even though Ganesh Chathurthi used to be a major event in Mumbai with the Lord Himself taken on a procession towards the end of the celebration to be immersed in the sea, in South India, it used to be a simple celebration with everyone buying a Vinayaka Idol made out of clay, performing Pooja and offer prasadam to the Lord at home. Of late, this celebration has been upgraded to processions on the street giving enormous amount of tension to the police personnel to guard such processions from clash between the religious fanatics. The following is my conversation with Lord Ganesha:

Viswa: You are in every nook and corner of the streets (if human beings don’t understand your omnipresent nature) and can you explain to me the rationale behind some deciding to take you on a procession to immerse you in the sea?

Lord: I am trying to understand the rationale myself. I don’t expect them to worship me leave alone taking me on a procession in the city to immerse in the sea or river. When people talk about thinking of me first before starting anything is nothing more than having self-confidence to perform the action. My devotees pour so much water, milk, etc. on me and decorate me so nicely throughout my birthday only to throw me out at the conclusion of the celebration. Will they throw their self-confidence out?

Viswa: What is the significance of offering Modak to worship you?

Lord: (Laughs) You know what Viswa. It is to let everyone know that their inner core of each of you is nothing but Anandha Kosha and all of you need not look for happiness from outside. It is residing right inside of each one of you. Whether one has black or white or brown skin, the inner core is always sweet.

Viswa: Can you explained to me the significance of holding a rope, angusha, modak and a pen-like broken tusk in your four hands? Also, what is the significance of a snake around your waist?

Lord: You must be well-trained by the ILites to ask so many questions every time you get my audience. Last time you asked the reason for my elephant face and now this. Hmmm…… The rope in my hand signifies that there is no human being who is not tied by the desires and attachments. I was trying to convey that they could pursue only until the is life taken away by Yama using his rope. Angusha as you know is the instrument one uses to control the elephant. Similarly, those who control their mind and senses (two mighty elephants) would conquer their lives. I have already explained the rationale for modak. The broken tusk is to explain to the people that I have written so many scriptures to make the life easier for all human beings. Lastly the snake around my waist is to let everyone know that no matter how rich or poor a person is, he or she needs to satisfy the hunger that arises from the digestive system existing like a snake inside.

Viswa: Thank you for taking the time to give me an opportunity to ask you questions. This one is a little difficult question as no interview is over without a tough question. Can you explain to me the rationale for your snatching away the mango fruit from your younger brother without physically going around the globe? Isn’t it cheating?

Lord: (Laughs aloud) You really made my day. As expected, you have not understood the lessons out of that incident. Every Atma requires a vehicle of body to perform actions in the world. That body is gifted to each one of you because of the parents. The world appears real only after the Atma gets a body. In order to let the human beings know that the world that every one of you see is a gift of the parents. It is a drama played by the first family with the consent of all. There is no real dispute.

Viswa: One last question, Lord. Can you explain to me the significance of breaking coconuts as an offering in front of you?

Lord: The hard shell in the coconut reflects the outer shells of the human beings called Annamaya, Pranamaya, Manamaya and Vijnanamaya Koshas. The white kernel inside the coconut reflects the purest form of every human being called Anandamaya Kosha also known as Atma. The coconut water inside is the universal love that the human being has for the fellow beings. It is a symbolic representation to advise the human beings that they should really offer their hard shell and white kernel to perform the mission of the Lord and demonstrate the purest form of love for the fellow beings. I hope this concludes our conversation.

Viswa: I learned so much today but as usual, my appetite to learn more is eternal, Lord. Please forgive me if I come again during your next birthday for another interview. Thank you, Lord.

Lord: You are welcome, son. Until we see again, behave yourself. I allow you this one time to torture the ILites with what you learned out of me. Unless it is well received by the ILites, you should not bother them again with another snippet about my conversation with you. (This is purely an imaginary conversation and kindly forgive me if this hurts anyone's sentiments on the Vinayaka Chathurthi Day).

8 people like this.

2. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Viswa last year I had written a blog during Ganesh Chaturthi called An atheist's Ganesha (http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/260235-an-atheists-ganesha.html) in which I explained my fascination with the symbolism of ganesha. For me Ganesha remains a combination of beat and man as we all are. At the same time the figure carries ankusha, which is used to control the elephant This shows that the means to control the beast in us is with us and if we had found it lot of things like communal riots to wars wouldn't have happened.

You could have asked Ganesha why doesn't he put his foot down on his so-called devotees polluting water bodies in the name of visarjan. .

3 people like this.
  3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vishwa,

HAHA. no u have not tortured the i lites, but made them smile by the witty answers of the lord, through yr pen.

i barely understand the basics of religion and gods, so i learn a lot from readign such lovely things, actually i get bored by religion, but u have with yr humor made it interesting for me. Who knows i will come over to yr place in the US, to have an audience with u, to learn more from u, for u speak with the lords directly. and u can put in a good word to them about me, and make them shift em to heaven, as i reach up someday eh !

Superb one.

Regards

kamal

2 people like this.
  4. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Viswa Sir, At least not torture Ganesha with tough questions on his birthday. Let him have his favorite food first.:rotfl

I hope Ganesha stays away from Arnab or even IL Arnab. :rotfl

Thank you for your explanation of Ganesha with humor. So much amount of thinking God gives in his dressing. We mostly think about the dresses of others.

What Viswa Sir, isn't it much fun and easy to break the coconut instead of loving fellow human beings and dedicating hard work and atma to God?:rotfl

3 people like this.
  5. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa,
    your conversation with the Elephant God is quite enriching and witty. There is nothing to hurt anyone's sentiments in this.

PS

1 person likes this.
  6. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Very interesting Q & A session with Ganesha.

As long as real Ganesha does not appear we continue asking all types of questions.
    Once he really appears ,we may simply hide the modaks away from his sight .Or we may get so mach thrilled that we may not ask any question at all.

Now it is clear.Ganesha is not yet ready with answers for questions that emanate from stalwarts like Viswa.Don't expect Ganesha next year.It may take at least 5 years for him to get answers for your question.Reliably understand that he has already started on his tour on Mooshika vahana to get himself enlightened to answer Viswa's questions.Why not, he may come to you in disguise seeking answers for your questions.It may be in the disguise of response from any Ilite.

Viswa, you can slowly set the question paper complicated enough for Ganesha to answer.Ganesha is the embodiment of knowledge.If he comes to Viswa for clarification,Viswa can be hailed as "gnaana Guru'.

Jayasala 42

Jayasala

1 person likes this.
  7. Viswamitra

Dear Balajee,

Thank you for your first response. I enjoyed reading that snippet of yours named "An atheist's Ganesha. You said it right that the Ankusha is to control the beast in us. Most of the communal riots and wars happen by the minds and words of the leaders.

I did ask him the reason for him being taken on a procession and immersed in water and he protested ignorance as He doesn't want to take responsibility.

Viswa

8. Viswamitra

Dear Kamlaji,

Thank you for your kind words and for nominating this post. You are always welcome to come and stay with us in the US. My library is full of books on spirituality and the world's religions and you can access anyone of them. We can have debate about right living more than about the Gods as I have so much to learn from you on this subject. I don't have to put in good words for you. I have to pray hard to get Ganesha's visit but He comes casually to your home because He knows you won't be visiting His temple. I am pretty sure you have RAC (reservation against cancellation) in the heaven. You can make that choice whether you would like to be with Indrani and Radha Maa in hell or Ramba, Urvasi and Menaka in heaven. Please don't show this response to Harshaji as otherwise, I won't get my vegetarian meal when I get to Jaipur. I would like to be at peace while I am here in the planet earth.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  9. Viswamitra

Dear Akanksha,

I will try my best not to ask tough questions to Ganesha if He gives me an audience again next year. I will offer Him Modaks and Laddu even before I open my mouth.

Unlike Arnab, I did listen to what Ganesha had to say throughout the interview process. Otherwise, He won't even show up for the interview in future.

What a subtle message in your last paragraph. Perhaps, it is easier to break the coconut than our own encryption to express love to the fellow being and dedicate our body and soul to the Lord's mission.

Thank you for your response. You are the real Guru for writing such snippets and your visit here makes me feel very happy.

Viswa

10. Viswamitra

Dear Smt.Srinivasan:

Thank you for your visit and your response. I am glad it is enriching. It doesn't come naturally for me to write like this and I am learning from Akanksha, Balajee and Kamalji. They have the knack of giving subtle messages through their satire snippets.
    I am still a student in this style and I know I have a long way to go. I am glad to know as well that there is nothing here to hurt anyone's sentiments.

Viswa