1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

coming soon......

Discussion in 'Indians in Canada' started by malap, Oct 14, 2012.

1. malap

malap New IL'ite

hi anmolhai,

thanxs a lot for ur reply. we will most probably settleling down in edmonton or toronto. iam coming with my family in the mid of nov 2012. how is the weather during nov. can i get my son admitted easily in mid session,as the schools already reopened in sept. what r all the things we should carry with us. do we need to bring all the kitchen items or it is provided by the landlord.which is the best neigbhourfood to stay in toronto,where indians r there.your reply will be highly appreciated.

2. haagesummane

haagesummane Gold IL'ite

hi Malap,
    Weather gets colder and colder in November and will continue till Aril and May. Better to get some thick leather jackets,handgloves(both woolen and leather),full sleeved sweaters.a two or three pair of thermals will always be helpful. I made a mistake of not bringing them from India. heard that they are costly here.

I stay in service apartments with fully furnished in downtown region of toronto. It costs me 3000CAD every month. But my company pays almost half of the rent.It has most of the kitchen utensils.I bought a small pressure cooker so that i cook dal . I got electric rice cooker from Canadian tire shop here and it costed me 12CAD. There was an offer in sep. Not sure whether it is still valid. U can add few kitchenware to luggage depending upon ur use.Carry some ready to eat food so that u need not worry for atleast first 2-3 days. There is an groceries called Iqbal Halal foods in thorncliffe park . U can find all the Indian food,kitchenwares vegetables at a cheaper price.

Some landlords will give u apartments at lease of 6 months. I did not preferred it as my company was not willing to take responsibility of lease.If i get more info on that i will share.

Most indians stay in mississauga region.
    School admissions: Im not sure.. u need to check wid the guys who have brought the kids here..

1 person likes this.
  3. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Hi haagesumman
    Oh....said it all in a nutshell, well this IL thingy is really helpful!
    Mega

1 person likes this.
  4. haagesummane

haagesummane Gold IL'ite

megaji,
    well i was just sharing my experiences...
    malapji,
    rental depends on where u r office is or where u want to settle..Along with Mississuaga,scarborough and york side is also cheap.