1. Hottest Summer Days around India - Beat the Heat with these Smoothies and Summer Cooler Recipes
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Summer Activities for Kids in U.S. Checkout New and Interesting Ideas Kids will Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice

coconut breaking during pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by bshanti, Oct 28, 2010.

1. bshanti

bshanti New IL'ite

A pregnant woman can break coconut in puja during pregnancy?If so till how many months she can break coconut during pregnancy?

2. Dilchahtahai

Dilchahtahai Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    I remember when we had gone to get car pooja done and I was 8 months pregnant, the pandit at the temple had specifically said that he would not break the coconut because I was pregnant.
    Recently we got another pooja done and I was 6 months pregnant. I was not showing much and the pandit said if he had known I was over 5 months, he would not ahve done the pooja. So I guess 5 months is the deadline :)
    He did ask my husband to break the coconut but not in front of me and outside the pooja place..

3. Chikku28

Chikku28 New IL'ite

its better you avoid breaking coconuts once you know that you are pregnant according to most priests. after 5 months they do not prefer a pregnant lady to take part in any pujas or vratas.