1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Cleansing the parking lot

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear GG,

Your sense of humor is amazing! Thank you for responding to this post.

viswa

1 person likes this.
  2. Viswamitra

Dear Neetu,

Thank you for your comprehensive response to this post. You are too kind and generous with respect to words of praise and I am humbled.

As we know, right hemisphere is the memory and left hemisphere is the analytical brain. Our right hemisphere has more installed capacity than what we can imagine as the scientist indicate we use only less than 10% of the installed capacity. Dolphins use a little more cerebral capacity than human beings. Therefore, our right hemisphere has capacity to handle big data and operates like a data warehouse. Our filing system and use of storage effectively determines how clean the right hemisphere is. The analytical part is the one that uses that data to interpret and provide us decision-making power. Even viewing an object is interpreted by our left hemisphere with prior knowledge of identical objects.

In my opinion, the parts that can be automated are the efficiency of the storage, deletion of junk and delete folders and assembly of relevant meta data for review by the analytical brain. All other requirements are already coded into our system. In my opinion, right living enables us to automate those processes.

I also visualize that we have several right living principles built out of our experiences stored in left hemisphere. Some of them are in conflict with each other. We have to find those conflicts and eliminate them as they create stress to our mind.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  3. Viswamitra

Dear Sabitha,

You are much more than a simple user. The fact that you are always focused on reactions than the thought itself is a clear indication of right living. That is exactly what I said to Akanksha in my response. It is never thoughts or actions of others that hurt us but it is our reaction to such thoughts and actions that are responsible for our emotions. Saturating such thoughts internally and derive our conclusions including forgiving and forgetting, if necessary, work wonders.

Books can bring us to the water but it is us we need to experience by drinking the water to quest our thirst.

Viswa

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:thanks for directing me elsewhere to your introspective contemplative essay on parking vehicles vs grey matter.
    It reminded An institute in Bangaluru training people to be ambidextrous.
    I heard the clowns collecting and throwing hats from space gather all hats one over the other at the concluding stage have been imparted such training where it is demonsyrayed that their brain capacity exceeds the ordinary. Spellbee contests too falls in this category I believe. Focused attention calls for extra energy and circuit of brain . Right nostril breathing and left nostril breathing helps enhance activating potential of left and right hemisphere of cerebral mustle they say. Ancient saints seemed to have been using this breathing technique to control, arrest wandering mind.
    I read all the feedbacks and your responses thereto. Truly thought provoking about control and stream lining thought process from beginning to end?!
    Happy Deepawali once again.
    God Bless Us All Always.

5. Viswamitra

Dear Sri Thyagarajan:

Thank you for your visit to this snippet, Sir. You are right about the ancient saints appeared to have taught the technique of how to regulate thoughts very effectively and how to eliminate unwanted thoughts. Besides, they also had the ability to increase the Sankalpa to very high intensity and make the nature provide whatever they wanted to accomplish.

How we manage our real estate i.e. mind determines how happy we are in life. Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor's speech in Ted.com given below is a perfect example of this science.

My stroke of insight

Viswa