1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Choosing a Sewing Machine - Embroidery / Normal

Discussion in 'Sewing & Stitching' started by Mallika29, Oct 15, 2007.

1. simply_doubtful

simply_doubtful Gold IL'ite

Re: Usha Allure or Singer 8280???

Hi Latha
    I don't know about Usha allure or singer 8280. I recently bought Singer Talent 3321. its good. very easy to thread. stitches are very neat, and they gave zipper foot, darning plate, narrow hem feet, button hole and button sewing foot. i am still trying all the stitches. this machine cost me 9500/. they gave a discount of 1500/ rs.
    Hansika

2. lathaz

lathaz New IL'ite

Thanks Hansika for the response.

Where did you buy it (show room) in Hyderabad?

3. simply_doubtful

simply_doubtful Gold IL'ite

Hi Latha
    I got mine from Meritt Agencies in Ameerpet. The shop is in Rehmath Complex.
    Ameerpet cross roads.
    Hansika

4. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    I have a Singer Fashion maker, bought 23 years back. It is pedalling type. Recently I joined the Usha sewing class to update myself and when I stitched in their machine, I fell in love with it. So I have bought a Usha Janome Stitch Magic. I got a discount of around 1000 as I am a student at the sewing class, 1000 for my old machine exchange. Just 2 days back the machine arrived. The service is good in Chennai. Please check and then buy. You can try to find out if there is any Usha sewing class/showroom near you, visit and look at the machines yourself. Also look at Singer machines and then buy.
    In my machine, there are 57 stitches, auto button stitching/button holing, zipper, pico etc. and the machine is very user friendly too. Machines start from 7000.Mine is 10,500 after all the discount.

5. sita_r

sita_r Bronze IL'ite

Sewing machine

I plan to buy a sewing machine. I do not know much on tailoring, but can run a machine for basic stitches. My mother is well versed in tailoring, and has been using a merrit singer for many years now. I plan to buy one such that both of us can use for our stitching purposes.

Please suggest which machine model would be good to buy

1.Built in motor? how much is this required?

2.Different types of stitches? some models say 27 stitches and some 50+
    stitches. How does it matter?

3.Whats the min price if i opt for a built in motor?

4.Where in chennai does Usha conduct stitching classes? or any other tailoring classes you would recommend in chennai.

Please direct me to previous discussion threads on this topic if any..

Thanks.

6. lathaz

lathaz New IL'ite

Thanks Hansika & Varloo for your inputs.

:) At last i bought Usha Allure machine. Today they gave first demo on the machine.

7. harini

harini New IL'ite

handy sewing machine

ShowImages.asp.jpeg hello,
    is anybody used handy sewing machine.i hav one which i got in tnagar.but i dont know how to use it.the stitches are not coming properly.that it is getting removed once we finished stitching.i dont know how to make unremoved stitch.can anyone please help me on this.here i attached the picture of that handy sewing machine.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  8. Snehaacharya

Snehaacharya New IL'ite

I am a beginner trying to learn sewing, confused about purchasing a sewing machine. I wanted to buy a machine with only simple straight stitch and zigzag. I enquired in usha showroom. The person there said a machine with only straight stitch starts from Rs. 5900 and does not even have zigzag where as usha allure costs Rs. 7900. But if I buy a fashion maker, I should know how to use all the options. Does only a simple straight stitch machine cost that much? Can anybody let me know second hand sewing machine dealers in Bangalore?

9. sanjov

sanjov Bronze IL'ite

i would also like to know which is good option for beginner learning to sew.
    I like to have electric model (not pedal),so it doesn't take up space. i prefer not to spend over 7k Rs.
    also are there any stitching classes offered in marathalli/domlur/sarjapur area.

10. pardip

pardip New IL'ite

which one to buy Usha janome empress or Usha janome allure
    please help anyone?