Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. eagle

eagle Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chithra
    I made Jiffy morkuzambu with the powder. I somehow like this version better than the original one. To go along made paruppusili with all dhals and cauliflower/brocolli combo. The texture was so soft and my MIL appreciated it.
    My fav now is your mysore rasam powder. Made rasam with it. It is always a hit with my daughter. She loves a nice rasam saadam with some curry.
    Thank you so much for all you do.

Love
    Shobana

2. Hemakrishna

Hemakrishna New IL'ite

Dear Chithramma,
    Thank you so much. Will try them as you said.
    Love,
    Hema.

3. Pragadha

Pragadha Senior IL'ite

dear chithrama,

today i tried ragi dosa and onion chutney. It is like made for each other. I never get the bland taste of ragi as i spread the chutney inside. Usually to make the ragi dosa tasty people use to add so many spices and other ingredients but your recepie is something different and easy too. MY hubby loved it and i gave my kid too with curd inside he too loved it. thanks for such a healthy recepie.

with love,
    latha.

4. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear C,

It was a hectic weekend with good number of guests at home. I made Jam tart on Friday evening for M, as usual it came out sooooo well. We had M's cousin's family and 6 friends on saturday.

Made double decker idlys for breakfast. There is a 5 year old LO in their family and she had a good share of the double decker idly and commented to her mom that idly's are superb :thumbsup. Lunch is French Beans Soup, Paneer Pakoras, Naan(thanks to my Tandoor,naan's came out so well), Peas Pulao, Malai Kofta,dhal Fry(yummy creamy:)),pal payasam and semiya bahalabath. Dessert was the highlight I made Gulab Jamun and Icecream (Fig Honey and Coffee Walnut). Couple of M's friend's took Palpayasam recipe from me :)

M was very happy that I managed the lunch well that day. It was actually a party for M's cousin's family and friends as we moved into the new house. Evening was Tea and Jam dart, all the darts vanished in no time.

Sunday was as usual Rava Dosa, CVVK, Potato fry and Pepper Garlic Rasam. Was hectic weekend but i am happy as I never imagined i can cook for 10-15 people. Its the first time and things went well. Thanks to you, in the past I never had guts to cook just for 2 of us :hide:

5. sundaribhaskar

sundaribhaskar Bronze IL'ite

Dear CM,

Made almond cookie, it came out very well. it looked professional as i had kept a almond slice on each biscuit , and using the cutter made different shapes. All enjoyed it. I got 60-70 biscuits for the qty i made and it was really very economical compared to the price we need to pay if it was store got. More over it really gives u a pleasure if we make it at home. It was so easy i just used the hand beater for mixing and did it quickly.

I am excited that my son is back home tomorrow from birmingham after his semester and i have kept this as surprise for him. I also made kasi halwa which was also super.

thanks to you

sundari bhaskar

6. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Thanks, Latha!!
    Ragi & onion make a super combo specially chinna vengayam!! IIt is very easy too!

7. Chitvish

Your FBs are amazing, Radha!! Shows how seriously you have taken to cooking. You enjoy cooking & the results reflect that, by becoming success!!
    I am glad you are using the tandoor well.
    You seem to be perfectly at ease with baking too :thumbsup

8. Chitvish

First, only C, not CM:rant
    Almond cookies are really too good!!
    Yes, hand beater becomes our right hand over the days!!
    Good FBs & thanks.:)

9. VLR

VLR Silver IL'ite

Dear C

This weekend was little hectic with some cleaning work..But managed to do kara bun for DH. I was so careful with that note in the recipe that the potato might loosen the dough if not kneaded to correct consistency..btu still I ended up with a loose dough :bonk

After the first rise when I tried to make buns, it just did not hold up for long.. I was so upset. then my eyes fell on the muffin pan and :crazy I put the rolls in that allowed them to raise. It did turn out slightly in the shape of muffin but taste was awesome..DH loved it.

And I also made that honey bread the second time- special request by DH :crazy. as usual - half the bread was over yesterday:)

I had taken the recipe for some biscuits and ice creams. But did not find time to make them this weekend. Going to try them in the coming weekend..

10. Chitvish

Dear Vidya,
    I love your enthusiasm!:thumbsup
    Any dough with potato losens up very fast. Some potatoes are "quite bad" in that respect. But the muffin idea is great!!
    Honey bread - onnume thottukka vendam appidiye sappidalam :drool