Chennai moms - Activity centers - pls guide

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by asha_karthik, Sep 16, 2008.

1. bookworm74

bookworm74 New IL'ite

You are all welcome. Try and meet Mrs. Meenakshi - she is the vice principal first. You may be able to get some good information.

regards

2. asha_karthik

asha_karthik Silver IL'ite

I was thinking Sankara had pre kg - good Veena and bookworm told me this - thank you.
    anyone who knows what is the age limit to join LKG in Sankara and BVM? I am sure a june 2006 born cannot join BVM in june 2009 as the child is expected to hv complete 3.5 years in june. how abt Sankara - any idea?

3. asha_karthik

Veena - do you or any of the others have answer to the question below? pls help. And did you chk when sri sankara would distribute application forms?

4. goodgirl

goodgirl New IL'ite

Just to add about Euro Kids. My son goes to pre-school to the branch in Kottaivakkam (they moved from Tiruvanmiyur in Nov) and he absolutely loves it there. So do I. It s a dedicated bunch of teachers and lots of fun activities.

5. goodgirl

goodgirl New IL'ite

Just to add to the post above, I am trying to keep my son engaged after school. What is a good daycare/activity center in this area that he can visit after school and stay till about 4pm? I am looking for a place that will offer some structured activity along with some unstructured and down time after he finishes school by noon.

6. asha_karthik

i was waiting to hear from some chennai mom on goodgirl's question. now i am looking for some after-school actvities around mylapore and thiruvanmiyur area as well.

can you moms pls share on what your kids do after the school closes by noon? Also how do you plan to engage ur busy tots for the coming summer holidays?

goodgirl - i am glad to hear that you and your LO like eurokids, thiruvanmiyur. i might put my LO there for pre-kg as well.

7. VaandugalRaajjy

VaandugalRaajjy New IL'ite

Hi Medavakkam Moms,

Good to have you all here. We have opened a new mother-toddler activity center( for kids from 1.5 yrs to 2.5 yrs) cum play center for kids aged up to 6 yrs named VAANDUGAL RAAJJYAM.

The Parent/Toddler Class is an opportuni*ty for parent/caregiver and child to explore together. In each class there will be a variety of interesting materials and activities from which to choose. Although there are facilitators in the class, they will not take over directing the children but rather encourage the child’s interest in various materials and activities.

During that time, a nurturing space for the children is created with free-play, circle-time, while also guiding the parents in activities. This allows the children to gain confidence in socializing with others while still in the presence of their parents. The songs, rhymes, and games learned by the children can be shared at home especially when there is a mom or dad who has learned them too.

There are great advantages in offering a program that includes parents, grandparents, or caregivers. The parents of this age group are truly at the most "reachable/teachable moment" for parent education.
    For the young child it is normal to play alone, therefore we are not trying to develop a sense of group.

The Toddler Program allows us to help

improve gross and fine motor skills
    develop receptive and expressive language
    help the child understand relationships with self, peers, and loved ones
    nourish curiosity and enjoyment of activities and objects

Interested moms can contact @ 91-9176622499

VAANDUGAL RAAJYAM is located

@

no.45 ,VGP babu nagar

2nd main road

medavakkam

chennai-100

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  8. malhotrabeena

malhotrabeena New IL'ite

WHy don't you try Indus Early Learning Center , besant nagar . Indus International School in Banglore and Hyderabad is one of the topmost schools and they have opened an early learning center here in chennai.

9. malhotrabeena

malhotrabeena New IL'ite

Indus Early learning Center in Besant Nagar is a good school and their timings are till 3 pm. Why don't you try it out? They are also starting Kids Club – an after school activity club in collaboration with Helen O’ Grady and Andrea Jacob.

English Speech and Drama Sessions with Helen O’ Grady – A session which will empower the students by developing their –
    Communication skills Self confidence & esteem Positive outlook and Reading skills
    Modern Moves with Andrea Jacob is a creative movement session for young children to explore movement in a free fun spirited manner.
    Venue: Indus Early Learning Centre, 27 AB/ 13 A, Karpagam Gardens, Beasant Avenue, Adyar, Chennai - 600020
    For queries related to Helen O’ Grady workshop contact – 72000 91029/ 78457 91030
    For queries related to Modern Moves Workshop contact – 98840 12418
    For Centre related Queries contact Indus Early Learning Centre at 89397 52224

10. Gayabala

Gayabala Senior IL'ite

Hi
    Am new to IL ...seeking advice..pl help..my daughter DOB is 22jan 2013..wanted to join her to good CBSE school near porur..can anyone suggest me gud schools and just tell me when to join her