1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Cheeniya And His Alter Ego

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Alt-Sri: Is that a picture of Sri dancing?
    Alt-Ira: So she says.
    Alt-Sri: Doesn't it look like a Sumo wrestler warming up? The circle on floor particularly?
    Alt-Ira: Now that you mention it, yes, I do notice the resemblance.
    Alt-Sri: But doesn't he know that if he raises his left leg, he must raise his right hand for balancing?
    Alt-Ira: You are right there. He can fall down any moment now
    Alt-Sri: With a thud. Possibly hurting the wol too!
    Alt-Ira: Oh, my God! What do we do now?
    Alt-Sri: Nothing. Just watch the fun. Sri takes all his falls in his stride
    Alt-Ira: As his Alt are you not supposed to warn him about it?
    Alt-Sri: He has lifted his leg far too high. The fall is imminent any time now.
    Alt-Ira closes her eyes and mutters a prayer for the safety of the floor!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  2. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

upload_2017-8-21_9-10-20.png

Alt-Ira: Wake up! Wake up! Cheeniya is missing!
    Alt-Cheeniya: Wha?
    Alt-Ira: The last of him we saw was dancing hi-jinks on high-legs and he vanished after that.
    Alt-Cheeniya: He might be around ....jeez! what happened to me, why am I in the form of a small boy.
    Alt-Ira: What are alts, we take any and every form and shape.
    Alt-Cheeniya: I miss my beard in this form.
    Alt-Ira: That beard was never of any use. Good riddance! Search for Cheeniya.

Alt-Cheeniya: What is that you are carrying?
    Alt-Ira: A lamp like the one Diogenes carried.
    Alt-Cheeniya: Diogenes never found what he was seeking with that lamp.
    Alt-Ira: We shall succeed where Diogenes failed. Moreover, today is eclipse. We need all the light.
    Alt-Cheeniya: I still don't like this form. What is this fop of a hair!
    Alt-Ira: I shall render us as lions or lizards whatever you want next time. For now, search for Cheeniya.

upload_2017-8-21_9-11-26.png

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya: The way Alt-Ira is going around shouting Cheeniya makes her sound like a sugar seller!
    Alt-Sri: She is really worried if you had gone underground.
    Cheeniya: Worried or jubilant?
    Alt-Sri: If she is not worried, she wouldn't be wasting money on oil for her lamp
    Cheeniya: But that picture of me! I laughed for two hours!
    Alt-Sri: She has a very artistic mind. Such people would see an Adonis even in a double-chinned pot-bellied old man!
    Cheeniya:But the point is that I was never young even in my childhood. My teacher always called me a 'old monkey'
    Alt-Sri:How is she to know it?
    Cheeniya: Can you ask her to draw a senile version of me when you meet her next?
    Alt-Sri: But she keeps telling me that alter egos never age.
    Cheeniya: If alter egos always look like an impish child, I don't want any alter. Why don't you leave me?
    Alt-Sri: She may of guilty of seeing a child in everyone but she is a good person. Learn to tolerate her.
    Cheeniya:I'll try if you promise not to go gaga over her drawing skills.
    Alt-Sri: She is going to draw you next as a lizard
    Cheeniya: I would love that. Lizards are greater fun than humans!

4. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Alt-Ira: Where were you?

Ira: I was hunting for a lizard.

Alt-Ira: When you say lizard, you mean a ferocious dinosaur type of a lizard, or a timid garden lizard.

Ira: Fool! I mean human-ish lizard. I drew Cheeniya as an old man, young man, dancing kid, lounging kid, I have exhausted all human forms. My next inspiration is Cheeniya in a reptilian form.

Alt-Ira: Is that dancing or singing or lounging lizard?

Ira: I haven't decided yet. But this will be my best creation. Go away! I need to shake my brain to get ideas.

5. Cheeniya

Cheeniya: Did you listen to that?
    Alt-Sri: About our PM in his foreign visit?
    Cheeniya: Can't you ever be serious? I am talking about this lizard pronouncement of Ira
    Alt-Sri: What about it? She keeps making such pronouncements all the time. Why are you worked up about this?
    Cheeniya: Now that she has launched herself on the project, I am wondering what kind of lizard it will be
    Alt-Sri: You never worried about your appearance. Why this concern now?
    Cheeniya: I hope she makes it an old lizard prferably with one eye
    Alt-Sri: She hates suggestions on what she draws. Never interfere with her work particularly when it is drawing a lizard
    Cheeniya: And fat and round.
    Alt-Sri: I told you to leave the details to her
    Cheeniya: It is easy for you to say that. I hope she doesn't make it a chameleon. I hate colours which keep changing all the time
    Alt-Sri: Hold your breath. She will be here anytime!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  6. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Alt-Sri: Where is your Ira? Is she still on a lookout for anthropomorphised lizards?

Alt-Ira: She is on a lookout for unsinkable lizards.

Alt-Sri: How is the portrait modelled on a lizard coming along?

Alt-Ira: She is warming up for the cold-blooded portrait, which she has titled "The Unsinkable Cholly".

Alt-Sri: Shouldn't she be chilled, instead of warming up for a cold-blooded portrait. Cholly sounds like a Tamilian, brought up in Kerala, who went to West Bengal and corrupted his tongue badly, and now unable to enunciate Charlie.

Alt-Sri: I think Cholly is cool. You know her. She never plays conventional. She reckons this to be her masterpiece.

Alt-Sri: Sri is hosting FP this time. Do you think the portrait will be ready on the reckoning day when he declares the winners?

Alt-Ira: Now if you give her such thoughts, she will abandon lizard partway and sketch him in a peruke to reflect his jury mantle.

Alt-Sri: Cheeniya as a brooding lizard is less jarring than a bohemian arbiter.

Alt-Ira: Shoo! Let's leave. Don't disturb her. For four hours she's been thinking whether to give the lizard a beard. Indeed, it is shaping up as her masterpiece with such unprecedented diligence in handling finer details.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  7. Cheeniya

(Cheeniya is scanning Google for unsinkable lizards and muttering to himself)
    Cheeniya: Can there be unsinkable lizards? They never go near water even for an annual bath
    Alt-Sri: Were you thinking of me? Your face appears duller than ever! Being your Jeeves is the toughest assignment in the world
    Cheeniya: Forget Jeeves. Let's talk about lizards.
    Alt-Sri: What do you want to know about them? About their ability to walk across the ceiling?
    Cheeniya: I know about that. Read it in my LKG
    Alt-Sri: Then be specific about your knowledge gap
    Cheeniya: Are lizards unsinkable? I mean are they ace swimmers?
    Alt-Sri: Never seen a bizard getting associated with water. I once saw a lizard falling on the wet bathroom floor. It remained there for almost the whole day.
    Cheeniya: They become immobile on a wet floor but they may be able to negotiate a pool of water.
    Alt-Sri: An unsinkable creature is not necessarily a good swimmer. Your question itself is wrong
    Cheeniya: As the D-day is nearing, I am getting worked up that people may say that I am unfit to be a lizard.
    Alt-Sri: Very true . The portrait must do full justice to the lizard. I wonder how would a lizard look with a beard. As far as I know they are all clean shaven.
    Cheeniya: I am getting tenser by the day.
    Alt-Sri: You seem to be unnecessarily worrying. In fat, there is more for the lizard to be worrying about!
    Cheeniya: I do hope the portrait will be eventually out. As Ira is taking more and more time on it, I get more and more worried.
    Alt-Sri: Just relax. You don't achieve anything by worrying. You know you are going to be a lizard unless she has changed her mind during the holiday
    (Cheeniya holds his massive head in his equally massive palms. He visualises a lizard standing before a mirror asking 'Mirror, mirror on the wall! Who is the fairest of them all?')

8. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Ira: I am done! Here is my masterpiece.
    Alt-Ira: That is Cheeniya as a lizard?
    Ira: Not any lizard but unsinkable lizard.
    Alt-Sri: That looks less like a lizard from Triplicane but a lizard raised in Tonto Apache tribe.
    Alt-Ira: It is not that bad.
    Ira: I told you. It is marvellous! My best creation! I gave a slightly rock look. A hooh haah upbeat punk and rock lizard and, of course, unsinkable.
    Alt-Sri: What is he flanked by? What are those tubes or raggedy drums?
    Ira: Yes, yes drums. Lizard musical drums. They look different from human drums. But those are also unsinkable!
    Alt-Sri: I am afraid to take this to Sri. He might drown this unsinkable painting in Marina beach.
    Alt-Ira: I won't be caught dead walking with it.
    Ira: Cowards! I will take it myself. This is Cheeniya as unsinkable lizard who emerged out of the Kshirasagara manthana.

upload_2017-9-19_15-37-18.png

vaidehi71 likes this.
  9. Cheeniya

Sri: Did you see my portrait by Ira?
    Alt-Sri: A masterpiece she calls it.
    Sri: You sound amused.
    Alt-Sri: This lizard is unlike any of its kind anywhere
    Sri: I am a keen lizard watcher but Chennai ones have smooth tails.
    Alt-Sri: How can you be so sure about Chennai lizards?
    Sri: If there is a lizard in Chennai with a tail like what she has drawn, it would be a scoop for Chennai based newspapers and TV channels
    Alt-Sri: Do you feel honoured about being gifted with a tail like that?
    Sri: I feel alienated. This may affect my relationship with the dozens of lizards that adorn my home
    Alt-Sri: Why don't you publish a disclaimer that this tail was not your suggestion?
    Sri: A disclaimer is normally perceived as a confirmation of your role
    Alt-Sri: But you are yet to tell me if you like this portrait or not
    Sri: I like it alright though it looks like a picture of mine taken at my college function.
    Alt-Sri: Did you wear dresses like that in the college?
    Sri: Occasionally yes. But they were all usually buttoned up fully
    Alt-Sri: Looking at that lizard's tail again, it looks like some kind of an ancient musical instrument
    Sri: I am not so music-oriented to comment on it.
    Alt-Sri: Your lack of orientation is not restricted to only music!
    Sri: I am happy that the long wait for her masterpiece is over.
    Alt-Sri: Show it to your lizard friends at home. If they smile, it means it is OK
    Sri; If they frown?
    Alt-Sri: Tell them you have nothing to do with it!

vaidehi71 likes this.
  10. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

What a great metamorphosis from 'a literary rambler' to a 'lizard'.At last you have been gifted with a lovely portrait of' Cheeniya,the unsinkable Lizard that emerged from Ksheera sagara manthana?'What a beautiful metaphor!
    Cheeniya Sir, Don't bother.lizard is not that harmful, a creature.I am reminded of an incident at our native home when I was 18. Mother had a large vessel full of Dosa batter. Evening tiffin was being prepared in the thatched veranda to avoid heat.She was preparing hot dosas. nearly 50 dosas had been prepared and 12 people had already taken. The remaining batter would suffice to prepare just 5 dosas. My amma , while transferring long the remaining batter to a small vessel, found out that something was stuck underneath. She thought that rice flour was sticking.When she removed, it was the tail of a large lizard and the body smashed beyond identity.Amma got scared. All in the family, except mother had taken the dosa to the fullest satisfaction.Amma immediately rushed to the doctor, explained everything with tears in her eyes.He gave a bottle full of abhisheka theertham , with elaichy fragrance.Without showing any anxiety in her face she distributed the Theertha prasad to all members of the family. Every one slept well that day except me and amma. Next morning dawned.Nothing happened. Every one was alert and cheerful. Doctor told me that all lizards are not dangerous.It is our aversion that makes things worse.
    Later I read from Kumutham that one of our collegues in Jaipur was very much of fond of catching lizards and eating them alive with his photo with tens of lizards all over his body,just as Shiva is adorned with snakes.That gentleman is alive and I am also alive at 75, having tasted dosa prepared out of lizard immersed batter.

After all you are portrayed as 'unsinkable lizard'.No problem.Who knows there may be a 'Lizard Avatar' too !
    jayasala 42

vaidehi71 likes this.