1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Cheeniya And His Alter Ego

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

A Dialogue Concerning the Two World Systems by Ira:

Alt-Ira: How did you miss responding to his soliloquy yesterday?
    Ira: I didn't. I was thinking ....(deep guttural voice) ...what to respond. He at least has his lizard and roach and now a vegetarian mouse series to fall back on. What do I have? May be I should seize the beard series.

Alt-Ira: Beards and Moustaches are also his domain. Since when did you elevate yourself to original writing. Stick to feedbacks. You are good at whatever you are good at.
    Ira: You mean there are no topics for me to write about anymore?

Alt-Ira: That man is at the cross roads because he has options. You, on the other hand, should not even be driving on any road. Just stick to the kerb. Do you even think for a second what others think of you both?
    Ira: He is senile and I am juvenile. People are soft on us. They think he like lizards and I am absurd.

Alt-Ira: He has a suitable "soliloquy" title, what's up with your "dialogue" followed by a mile-long wording.
    Ira: That I borrowed from Galileo's book of the same name. Isn't it pretty?

Alt-Ira: You don't let Galileo rest in peace, finally. You had to go and provoke him too. Listen to me. Stay away from any original writing with such pretentious titles. Ramble away only in feedbacks. Do you get it? Disappears.

(Ira mocks her exit. She scratches her head. Collects some dandruff in her nails and stops scratching.)

Ira: May be I should title it as "A Recurring Dialogue Concerning The Two Alternating World Systems by Ira, The World's Greatest Juvenile Rambler". Nevermind.

vaidehi71 likes this.
  2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Iravati
    Nothing will delight me more than you using my lines. With this kind of reception, I'll ramble more mindlessly henceforth! So far, I had been using less mind in my rambling but mindless rambling will be tougher!

3. Cheeniya

@Iravati
    It is easy to be the World's greatest juvenile rambler as there may not be many ramblers in that age group. But among senile, the competition is very tough. As each happens to be greater than the other, the search for the greatest rambler would be like going after the mirage!

vaidehi71 likes this.
  4. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

Cheeniya likes this.
  5. Cheeniya

@LakshmiKMBhat
    Dear Lakshmi
    Thank you for that heartening line! But who told you that I was going to give a break? :)
    Sri

LakshmiKMBhat likes this.
  6. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Alt-Sri: You senile rambler! With your half-a-mind rambling, you have barely managed to engage an audience of 6-7 people. Mindless rambling will drive the remaining people away. Why do you want to bring upon such opprobrium on youself? Why such daredevil stunts? I think you should stick with your senile rambling and not be too ambitious to promote yourself as a mindless rambler. That might terrify people to come anywhere near you. Well, you never listen to me. So, go suit yourself.

(Alt-Sri grabs a bottle of pepsi and vanishes into thin air)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
    vaidehi71 likes this.
  7. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

I recently came across an Australian poet called Alec Derwent Hope. I don't know if you have heard of him. May be you have. He once said,

I will have no truck with the scribblers of my time
    Who try to pass off their chopped-up prose as verse....

In the senile competitive world, if each rambler is greater than the other, then we need an astute judge like AD Hope to scoff at the sham ramblers in an adapted version as,

I will have no buck with the ramblers of my time
    Who try to pass off their mindless scramble as a ramble....

[buck in American slang is a person with the lowest rank]

I have faith in you that you are an archetypal "rambler" who never chops or scrambles his thoughts. They are always full-on ramble! Be self-assured of your talent.

Footnote:

You may find these links to Hope's biography and his works interesting.

AD Hope
    Book of answers to questions raised by poets and poems
    Some more or sample him at Do not replace sauce for the Portugander (my fav)

vaidehi71 likes this.
  8. Cheeniya

@Iravati
    Sri mutters to himself: This guy thinks he owns me! But I find it extremely difficult to over-rule his suggestions.
    So saying, he goes and hides himself behind his Senile Rambling.

vaidehi71 likes this.
  9. Cheeniya

@Iravati
    Thus assured, I'll be fully assured of my talent the moment I come to know what it is!

10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

Responses take time but will definitely come for everyone of your ramblings. You choice of subjects make your ramblings very interesting. Besides, the sense of humor in everyone of your sentences make reading of your ramblings pleasant. I am not aware of anyone's snippets that are read again and again for the past ten years. After reading one of your ramblings, I decided to respond to everyone of your snippets written since inception. But promptness with which you respond to each one of such responses shows your commitment to welcome more readers.

Keep doing what you do best.

Viswa