1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Cheated and married on ly for money

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by swapnapriya019, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shruthisp

shruthisp Gold IL'ite

Indeed a Very Good Suggestion. Very true.. U will get to know the true color of them in 2 months.. U will surely become strong enough to accept and face the reality in 6 months. U need to come out the issue to analyse and decide and this time frame would give you that.
    All the best...

2. sheztheone

sheztheone Platinum IL'ite

OP, one of my relatives is in a similar position as you, except that she is not working now and her husband is not, either. He has not had a job since Day 1. He does not care about her one bit. He is simply mooching off his family, who, like your in-laws say that they have a huge house in the city and so why should our son work? Like you, she has been waiting and waiting for him to change, to feel the love and care from him.

You know for how long? Close to 20 years now. They have two teenage kids.
    She still continues to believe that he will change some day.

Before marriage she was a working woman and quite successful career-wise. Her ILs forced her to quit after getting married. Really, I do not know why she has such false hopes as he has never cared for her or the kids.

I do not know if this is an "Indian-wife" thing or just based on the individual's beliefs, but sometimes women are so foolishly hopeful and defensive of their husband. You are lucky that you have a job and can support yourself. You deserve more respect and more importantly, ought to have more respect for yourself. Is it alright if they continue to treat you this way for a lifetime? How do you know if your H will mend his ways? Frankly, from your post, I do not think he cares about you. If he did, he would at least want you to stay together.

I know that you may not want to listen to all this but please take the matter to your parents and have them talk to his family. Be mentally prepare to severe ties and lead a life of your own, free from these troubles. You are still young and please do not waste your prime years on a family that cares only about money and not you.

Good luck.

3. Gaur78

Gaur78 Gold IL'ite

OP,

I fail to understand the need to stay in the loveless life.

You have your job. Do not call your DH, or visit him or give your salary for 2 months. You will know the true color. When you come to know about their true colors, try to get yourself out of this married life. Stay in any ladies hostel and continue your work. Time will heal everything and answer you.

4. swapnapriya019

swapnapriya019 New IL'ite

Hello All,

Thank you for all who spends time for me.. soending to time to solve my problem... I have to tell you that I didn't posted my complete story to you all.... I have posted half... Bec I thought that is enough to understand a person... But now I am feeling that I should tell remaining story in short. After 1.5 yrs I moved from big MNC to small company only because they told If I am joining in that company they will give job to my husband. I used to work like anything because they are not my relatives, friends anyone else. they just liked my work and my talent gave my husband job.. every month I used to get complaint like he is not working properly. What shall I do I was earning 50k in that company he is earning in tha same company with 15k that too with no talent. As I dont like disloyalty to my company I used work for 12 hrs per day. I used to tell him that please work hard simply noone will give money to you. Then he will tell ?I am not interested in job.. Then I asked him then y u joined in this company unncessarily I would have worked in big MNC (motorola). Then I suggested him if u r interested to put business then please put. I will help till my extent.. His parents used to tell we are having those many properties.. we will put business.. but they will kepp quite until unless we are asking it can 1 year also they will not put. if we are asking again .. again fight again same situation.. I told my husband pls dont think abt your family .. dont expect money from ur family.. we will earn money for our business now u do job.. but no.... Atlast my MD called me and told one simple word "he is lazy in work only for ur sake we kept him if he is troubling you we will fire him." Then I told no he is my husband how come I will tell to fire my husband. I will move from this place because my comp strength is 15 and its US based comapny. Everyone used to talk abt our relationship... bec in that group one of my previous company colleague was there.. then my MD suggested for onsite for 3 months for trainig for relief. B ut I told no I dont want to go? If i am away from him he will change(means parents may brainwash)... but what romour came you know I tried to leave my husband and going to USA. I will not respect him bec I am earning more and I tried to fire him from my company... After that ?I went to my mom home for my moms operation 2 months. That time i called and told him "I miss you Without you I was unable to live pls we will only live happily can you do that".. bec we did fightings before going for my moms operation. Then his immediate reply was "I want my family yopu should talk woth my family otherwise your wish". Then I got angry I want only you not ur family because already ur family treated me very badly. How come u expecting me. I cant do that. nut i want only you.. if u really want me and ur family then give me sometime I told.. but all of sudden I cant. But he told you have to do that? Then my reply is as usual discussion.. crying anf fighting.. But I did one gud thing I tried in another company and moved to chennai (before that vizag. chennai is my 4th place after marriage). I told him see I am moving to chennai only bec After all these things when I told I want only you u brought ur family in between so I felt bad I am moving to chennai and if u want me u have to come to chennai... He said Ok. And he is happily living there in vizag without tension bec he is having job right.. but my MD (he dont know anything about my problem.. but he knows I am struggling for something and he is very very genuine person.. he told my husband also please try to understand swapna she cares for you...) actually asked me whenever u feel to come and work here you can come.. (I used to do 5 days work within 2 days after all these issues). atlast my MD told me we cant afford ur husband if u r not really coming back.. bec he is not at all doing any work.. actually we are giving him salary for your work.. Then he didn't came to chennai immediately.. bec his parents are not giving money.. what they are telling is she is your wife if husband is not earning money how come wife will not give.. she is not loving you if she is loving you she will give money otherwise why she trouble you. if she is loving why she left the company as she knows you are working there like that.... after 5 months I went ot chennai staying with friends.. but still I was missing him... I forced my parents to ask him to come and stay with me but i am in confusion again shall I give money or not. then my parents went asked , forced his parents to take care of me.. as other elders came and told that guy has to take care of everything (When elders are talking and parents are there I didn't went there bec if I am going there i have to each and every bad thing about my husband.. If I am telling bad about him there is no pointijng to stay with him.. So i didn't went .. what my husband told to everyone She tortured me for job and money.... SO I am afraiding to take home.. when I asked him he told no ur parenst missunderstood i didn't told in that way I told torture bec you will always cry right ... for me that cry is torture... )... Now from 3 months he is spending expenditure. But only house rent and vegetables.. My full expenditure i am putting.. but in his mind he decided like I am not loving him.. I will always think abt money and I need only money thats y even i am earning I am not giving anything to him.... that too he is struggling.. but parents alsoi very intelligents they are giving him money which they took loan on his name... but still he will tell they care for him not me.... Now why I posted bec he is putting money from 2.5 months (i dont know how much he is spending money but once in a while I am giving little bit money).. just putting money nothing else.. bec he will not talk to me openly and he will not share anything to me.. like two strangers living in one house also we will talk.. but like he will be like Sofa... just he will kept quite... i dont want to fight with him... I told him whenever you are feeling talk to me.. Still i am there to help... I used to send resumes to my frds. I used to help him technically.. in between he asked me laptop which I didn't bought he got angry for that...... So now he is paying money only money ... no love no affection no respect no interest.. but i asked him pls tell me if u r not interested one of my close frd begged to him to tell swapna directly that you dont love her then both lives will be happy.. but his reply is i love swapna only thing is she is not understanding me... if i am not earning she should help .. why cant she??? I am just coming office going home preapring fud and eating.... Again the problem is with the family... his fmaily recently called for function (not me only his son).. but he forced me to come for function.. itold him if they r not calling how come i will come... but he used to tell if they r not calling u have to come.. i didn't went bec already 2 times i went for function... there they insulted me lot of times... so i didn't went.. so parents told something about me and fightings will start between me and my husabnd.... when fighting he will tell lot of things bad about me. my parents already told me to take divorce when I am alone in chennai... They r not having trust on him. only i am waiting for him.. my frds spend time with him..even they told he will care you and love you....but when we tuk house in chennai my parents told this should be my lost option... but now i am feeling waste only.... thats y i posted to get gud suggestions... ?Now he is paying money from 3 moths..

5. GMReddy

GMReddy Silver IL'ite

dear op,

separation from H is the better option in this case. no wife can put up with this kind of uncooperatove H and creating troubles. he is not understanding the responsibilities of marriage.

you think of your future life and take a decision accordingly.

best of luck.

6. renutn

renutn Gold IL'ite

Are you still dreaming swetapriya??
    ...one day God will come down in front of you and your tragic stories are chuuuuuummm.....gayab?????
    which century r u in? yes we should have faith in God that doesn't mean there is magic he will do overnight right.
    Until unless we do something from our side; why God will take step.. he has given brain right ..you are such intelligent, hard working lady ..earning good income..anywhere in this world you can survive..don't you think so??
    you know what is good for you ...take a step for good ; walk out of the house.
    Your destiny is somewhere can you imagine another 50-60 yrs of life with this guy ? Don't you have any dreams? what is the point of we humans...no dreams, goals in life...
    instead of posting long story or short story you have to take a step ....

7. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

hi op !
    i am surprised by ur patience! how can u put up with such a guy ? agreed being married is very imp but why do we marry ? to have some one share our lives with , for security , love ? right ? do u think u have anything in ur life ? u r with a man who does not love u , thinks of u only as money giving machine , and above all is a burden for u !
    u want to be in this marriage only because of social stigma ? what a stupid idea is it ? god has given u a life , u have good education , are working and above all have no additional baggage ..... kids i mean , u can very well start ur life again ! dont worry about what will society will say u r better off without him !
    i dont think the man will change !

8. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

Dear,

First and foremost,you are spending too much of your energy on your husband.You husband made that way from his childhood.If he is 25+ then he made that way from 25+.How come you can change a person of span of 1-2 years.Unless he wanted to change.
    He is not seeing any need of what you are trying to do.He doesn't have any clue what he wanted in his life.He is just bouncing between you and his family.
    I think his self realization is very important for him.Why are you trying to catch him again and again.Why don't you leave him for sometime by himself.Don't try to expect much from him anything.Don't try to overreach him.

Even I am not sure anything will help him.They will be with him until the marriage destroyed after that they will leave him for his karma.

First and foremost,focus on your job ,health and mental well being of yours and rest comes.Try to maintain the house and responsibilities.What does he likes more in the life.Can you try to focus in that area??May be he will get some interest in life and get positive energy.

Next time don't even try to go with him.If he thinks you doesn't love him,that's ok.That's not going to make any difference anywhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.